Freezer breakfasts have been a life saver for us!
We are not morning people. My son started attending preschool three days a week, and man… I thought I was a goner. It’s hard enough to get him out of bed and ready for the day… Breakfast ended up being a completely different challenge. For the first few weeks we lived off of toast and yogurt, but that gets old fast.
One of my wonderful friends shared her secret! At Costco or Sam’s you can buy a box of frozen pancakes. The best part was that they were individually packaged and all you have to do is pop them into the microwave!
This got me thinking…
I can totally do that!
So we did!
Freezer Friendly Mini Pancakes
- 1 C. flour
- 2T. sugar
- 1t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 C. buttermilk
- 2T. butter, melted
- Additional butter for pan
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt. Slowly mix in the egg, buttermilk, and melted butter.
- Spread butter on your preheated pan. Spoon tablespoon fulls of your batter onto the pan. Flip when you start to see bubbles popping on the surface.
- Serve warm and with your favorite syrups!
Remember that baby shower I posted about a few days ago? Well, this Blueberry syrup was hands down the most popular of the toppings. I was lucky that there happened to be enough left for me to try it out for myself!
Now… if you want to freeze the pancakes simply lay them out on a cookie sheet and pop them into the freezer for twenty minutes. After that just place them into a labeled Ziploc and pull out as needed.
What are your go to freezer meals?1