Can you believe LAST Monday was my birthday and I didn’t even post one single birthday related thing?!?
Don’t worry… I’m about to make up for it. I’ve got a few great birthday recipes lined up this week. All happen to be cake batter themed… not my first choice, but oh so yummy! I started with a simple two ingredient ice cream and added some extra special ingredients. You will n ever believe how fluffy and amazing this ice cream is. It takes an entire 10 minutes to whip up and there is NO machine required!
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup yellow cake mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Stir the milk, cake mix, and vanilla in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whip the heavy cream until soft peeks form. Gently fold into the milk mixture. Pour into a large air tight container.
- If you want to add sprinkles… sprinkle across the top and gently stir in with a knife.
- Freeze for 6 hours or overnight
Cake or ice cream is never my first choice, but since I have the pleasure of hanging out with my beautiful niece the next few weeks I made an exception and created this recipe just for her. Cake batter is her favorite ice cream flavor OF ALL TIME, so I knew this would be an instant hit!
I’m going to take this time to announce a fun little treat that will be happening here in August! I am hosting an ice cream social of sorts. There will be 30 days of ice cream recipes right here on One Sweet Appetite! 30 DAYS!!!
Talk about ice cream overload! There will be ice cream recipes, sandwiches, floats, popsicles. Most from yours truly, but a few recipes from OTHER amazing bloggers! I am so excited and can’t wait for you to see what we have coming your way! Stay tuned!