These Easy Homemade Biscuits are filled with layers of buttery goodness. The perfect addition to any meal.
Surprise! You’ve made your way to one of THE fan favorite recipes here on One Sweet Appetite. These simple homemade biscuits are as delicious as they come and take just 10 minutes to prep and get into the oven! Quick and tasty are two BIG factors in a winning recipe, at least in my opinion.
The key to keeping these flaky is to handle to dough as little as possible. You don’t want the butter to melt at all so be sure you work quickly. There are only a few basic ingredients to mix together but if you feel the dough start to get tacky I recommend some chill time in the refrigerator. Another tip? Pat don’t roll. With cold hands gently pat the dough down before cutting into your favorite shape. Bake and enjoy!
If you are a small family like us it might help to freeze half of the dough. Place the cut unbaked biscuits on a baking tray and place them directly into the freezer. Flash freeze for 30 minutes, individually wrap in plastic wrap, and place in a labeled Ziploc. When you are ready to bake them you can let them thaw or simply add a few minutes to the original baking time!
Items used in this recipe:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons cold butter (I recommend salted with these)
- 1 C. buttermilk
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Use a pastry blender or two forks to cut in the butter until it resembles coarse crumbs. Fold in the buttermilk until combined.
- Turn your dough out onto a well floured surface. Use your hands to pat the dough into a 1 inch thick round. Fold on top of itself and press down to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Using a round cookie cutter, or a glass cup, cut out your circles. Place onto a greased pan and bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Make sure you watch them closely so they don’t over bake.
PS, you might like…
This post may contain affiliate links. I include these links to help you find specific products that are used in my recipes. If you purchase an item from the link on One Sweet Appetite, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you.
One Sweet Appetite is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com