Chunky Monkey pancake bitesFebruary 24, 2014
One of my most viewed recipes has to be my chunky monkey pancakes. I almost didn’t even post them on my site because I thought the photos were horrible. Luckily I did and you loved them. Those breakfast hot cakes started a trend in our home of crazy pancake flavor creations, but we always come back to the banana chocolate combo. I wanted to create a smaller on-the-go freezer version for my little guy… And that is how these chunky monkey pancake bites came to be. Full of banana goodness but using a secret ingredient to make them easy to whip together.
ok so the ingredient isn’t really a secret. It’s pancake mix (Bisquick to be specific). I just used the optional recipe on the back of the box and folded in a few bananas, topped with chocolate chips, and baked to perfection.
Stir together your pancake mix, some baking powder, vanilla, eggs, and milk. Fold in a banana or two and you are all set to get these things started. Grease a mini cupcake pan and pull out some chocolates. I use mini chocolate chips but you can use the regular sized as well.
Fill each cupcake hole almost to the very top.
Sprinkle with chocolate chips and bake!
You should get 48 pancake bites from this recipe. I divided ours into small sandwich sized baggies and then combined those into a large one for the freezer. When we are in a hurry, or I’m just lazy, I pull out a packet and toss them in the microwave for a few seconds. We don’t even eat them with syrup but I wouldn’t judge you if you did.
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray two mini muffin pans with non stick spray. Set aside.
- Whisk together the pancake mix and baking powder. I actually like to shift mine to get rid of those pesky big pieces.
- In a small measuring cup combine the milk, eggs, and vanilla. Stir to combine. Fold the wet ingredients and bananas into your dry ingredients. Divide into your muffin tin making sure to fill them almost all the way to the top. Sprinkle each muffin with a few chocolate chips and cook for 15 minutes.