Green is my all time favorite color. I look forward to Christmas and St. Patrick’s day every year so I can put together fun little treats to have mini celebrations with my four year old. This year I was fresh out of ideas. Not one single thing came to mind. I opened my pantry in search of something that might work out… I spotted the boxes of green goo and instantly thought of all of those great layered Jell-O posts that are floating around the web. I figured… Why not try it out and create my own lucky jello treats?!
First things first… I didn’t think these would take as long as they did. Prepare them the day before so that way you won’t give up when you are elbow deep in sticky dessert with the kids pulling at your pants asking when they’ll be ready. Next, I found that shot glass portion size is just right for me and my little. You can find tiny spoons in the party aisle that I think were made for these. Not kidding.
So start with your green Jell-O. Whip it up just like it says on the back of the box, but leave out 1/2 a cup of the cold water. Layer it in your choice of serving tray using unflavored gelatin mixed with sweetened condensed milk as the white layer. Top with a little whipped cream and yellow sprinkles for your gold. You can do the layers thin or thick depending on the look you want to go for. You can even add in some additional colors if you are really patient.
- 1-2 boxes of green Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 cup cold water, divided
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- Stir one box of Jell-O with 1 cup of boiling water until dissolved. Add 1/2 cup cold water. Layer into your desired containers and place into the refrigerator until set.
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk with 1 cup of boiling water.
- Stir 1/2 cup cold water and your unflavored gelatin until dissolved. Mix into the sweetened condensed milk. Layer over the set green layer.
- Continue until you reach the top. Mix together the additional box of Jell-O if necessary.