These Salted brownie cookies are my go-to when I’m in need of a chocolate fix!
That’s right… I said BROWNIE COOKIES. That is a brownie in cookie form… or would it be known as a cookie as a brownie? Either way these are delicious. Top them with a sprinkle of fleur de sel (fancy salt) and you’ve taken them to gourmet status!
I originally stumbled onto this little gem of a recipe over at Jen’s Favorite Cookie. It was late one night and I had a craving. With no box mix in sight, and only a bag of semi sweet chocolate chips in the pantry, it looked like I had no other choice. I am SO glad I gave it a go and tested this recipe on my picky husband. We are BIG fans of the salty sweet combination and after just a few modifications these cookies nailed the flavors we were looking for. I made a half batch that night and by the time the last one disappeared into my belly I was wishing I would have made a full. After a few adjustments to the original version I decided it was finally time to share the recipe with the world! Or… you. My readers.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 bag (12 oz) semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- fleur de sel salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment and set aside for later use.
- Combine the butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted. Set aside.
- Add your eggs, sugar, and vanilla into the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat with the paddle attachment 3-4 minutes or until fully combined. Slowly stir in the melted chocolate mixture.
- In a small bowl combine the cocoa, salt, baking powder, and flour. Fold into your batter.
- Drop spoonfuls onto your prepared sheets. Sprinkle each cookie dough ball with fleur de sel.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links. I include these links to help you find specific products that are used in my recipes. If you purchase an item from the link on One Sweet Appetite, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you.
One Sweet Appetite is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com