This post is brought to you by Tillamook. #ad // I couldn’t be more excited about this Gourmet Breakfast Sandwich and here are a few reasons why YOU need to make it today…
- It’s National Grilled Cheese Day. What better way to dive in than with a savory morning meal?
- The flavor punch you get with the roasted tomatoes, pesto, and soft cooked egg literally send this sandwich over the edge.
- It’s got ooey gooey cheese melted all through and is amaaaaaaazingly delicious.
I call this gourmet mainly because anything with pesto has to be, am I right? Each one of these flavors was made for one another. They blend together in the most unbelievable way and give you a WOW factor. We’ve made it a few times and while I like the roasted tomatoes my little guy prefers when we substitute the sun dried variety. Either way you chose to go you will not be disappointed.
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1 tablespoon Tillamook Butter, softened
- 2 slices of your favorite Tillamook Cheese, I used Ppepper Jack Cheese
- 1 fried egg
- sun dried or roasted tomatoes
- fresh spinach
- pesto (optional)
- Heat a small skillet over medium low heat.
- While that is warming spread butter on to one side of your bread slices. Layer pesto (if using), one slice of cheese, fried egg, tomatoes, spinach, and remaining slice of cheese between your two prepared bread pieces. Carefully transfer to your warmed pan.
- Heat on the stove until bread is toasted and cheese is slightly melted. Cut in half and enjoy!
- *Tip- For easy roasted tomatoes try slicing the heirloom variety in half lengthwise, tossing with a little olive oil, and baking at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to 5 days.
This post may contain affiliate links. I include these links to help you find specific products that are used in my recipes. If you purchase an item from the link on One Sweet Appetite, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you.
One Sweet Appetite is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com0