Add this Oven Roasted Chicken Breast to your go-to recipes. It’s easy, delicious, and great all on it’s own or as a base for other chicken dishes!
Chicken is one of those things that is always in my refrigerator. Even if it’s not on my grocery list I find myself putting it in the cart because it’s so easy to use. Consider it a blank canvas filled with possibilities. You can go spicy Asian, salad, pasta, or tin foil dinners. The possibilities are literally endless.
But occasionally I’m left with chicken that’s about to go bad and I am at a loss for what to whip up. That is when THIS recipe comes in handy. It’s a base that tastes amazing as is or as a base. We’ve eaten it shredded in tacos, over a salad, in pasta, quesadillas, and have plans for so many more. It’s the recipe that keeps on giving.
Pause in our story… I debated on if I should even put the above photo in this post. Raw chicken does NOT photograph well. It just doesn’t look super appealing but I wanted you to see the beautiful spices floating in the oil and sprinkled over the top. That is what gives the chicken it’s punch of flavor. Don’t skip out on any of those tasty bits.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup chicken stock or white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Mist a 9x13 dish with non-stick spray and place your chicken breasts so they are not overlapping. Set aside.
- Cook the garlic in the olive oil in a medium sized skillet until just warm. Remove from the heat and whisk in the stock, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Pour over your chicken. Sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper and cover with the sliced lemon.
- Bake 30 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165° fahrenheit
Recipe slightly adapted from Ina Garten
PS, you might like…
This post may contain affiliate links. I include these links to help you find specific products that are used in my recipes. If you purchase an item from the link on One Sweet Appetite, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you.
One Sweet Appetite is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com