Speaking of steakhouse flavors, I am SO excited for today’s post! Being a working mom and wife I am always looking for any way to sneak in a little quality time with my hubs. It seems like those special occasions are rare these days but when I bring the experience into our home we get the chance even more often! Today I’m sharing 5 easy ways to turn create a steakhouse experience right in your home!
- FRESH FLOWERS. This one tiny detail costs as little as $5 and instantly transforms your table. We like to trim the ends and add them to a mason jar for a more rustic feel with just the right amount of class.
2. FRESH LINENS- Dust off that old table cloth, bring out the cloth napkins, and maybe even add those vintage napkin rings you’ve got stashed away! These are a few of my all time favorite tricks for instantly adding class to our meal.
3. CANDLES- I have this crazy obsession with old or unique candle holders. You can pick some up at the dollar store or even thrift shops and add a tea light or two. I don’t know a single way more romantic to set the mood than creating the right lighting.
4. LAYER UP- Layer your dinner plates, salad plates, and bowls for a set table appearance. The beauty of this tip is that you don’t really need matching sets to make this look incredibly classy! I happen to be a big fan of mix matched or layered patterns. You’d never know with my solid white set up, right?
5. FOOD- Last but not least, you’re going to need some FOOD. One of our go-to starters is always Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse®Creamy Potato Soup! This delicious soup is also available in Loaded Potato, Broccoli Cheddar and Three Cheese Chipotle. It’s so quick and simple to whip up and truly a family favorite. Get creative with your plating by drizzling a little sour cream and topping things off with fresh chopped herbs. This dish comes together in under 10 minutes which leaves you more time to focus on good company and memory making!
How do you transform your home on date night?2