They say the way to their heart is through their stomach. Show everyone some love with these incredibly simple (and delicious) Valentine Sugar Cookies!
I don’t know about you, but I can never let Valentine’s day pass by without baking something sweet. Sugar cookies are almost always my go-to. They are quick, simple, and delicious! Bonus, there are about a million different ways you can decorate them. I love to keep things plain Jane but for an extra elegant look you could dip them in melted chocolate, frost them with beautiful roses, or sprinkle with your favorite heart candies! This time around I decided to add a little food color for bright red (the color of love) with just a dust of sugar.
Quick little tip: Roll your cookies out right onto a baking mat. Cut the heart shapes and remove the scrap pieces. This will help your hearts keep their shape and avoid an awkward transition from counter to baking tray. I use >this set< from amazon. The price is right and I’ve put it through the wringer. I bake A LOT which means these have been baked on over and over. They hold up great.
Hopefully you have big plans with that special someone or even little plans. Nothing beats a movie night at home! However you decide to celebrate I hope you feel a little love from the One Sweet Appetite family.
- 1 tablespoon red food color
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3-3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup butter, soft
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Combine the red food color with your cream in a small bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla. Stir until fully combined. Mix in the food coloring.
- Stir in the flour and baking powder until your dough forms. Refrigerate 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll your dough out to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into your favorite shape. Bake 12 minutes or until the edges just slightly brown.
This post may contain affiliate links. I include these links to help you find specific products that are used in my recipes. If you purchase an item from the link on One Sweet Appetite, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you.
One Sweet Appetite is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com