Let’s just start this post with me telling you how much I LOVE my slow cooker. Seriously, that thing saves me on days when I just don’t have the time to get cooking. So when I saw the recipe for slow cooker steak fajitas in the new Six Sisters Stuff cookbook I knew that I would need to try them out! With a little Jesseca flair of course!
- Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas
- 1-1/2 lbs sirloin steak
- 2T. oil
- ½ t. chili powder
- 2 T. lime juice
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1t. cumin
- ½ t. salt
- ¼t. black pepper
- 1 small can green chilies
- ½ C. water
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- Start by heating up a pan with your oil. Brown the steak on both sides, then transfer to your slow cooker (this should take a minute or two per side).
- Top it with the chili powder, lime juice, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper, green chilies, and water. Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Add your sliced peppers and onion, and continue to cook 1 more hour until your steak is easy to cut.
- Serve on warm tortillas with your favorite toppings.
Recipe adapted from the Six Sisters’ Stuff cookbook
This was so easy, and had our house smelling wonderful throughout the day! If you are looking for an easy toss-together-and-forget-about-it meal, then look no further!
You can also put all of the ingredients together, except the onion and peppers, in a Ziploc bag and freeze before cooking. When you are ready to go just put it in your slow cooker and cook as directed.