Oh cheesecake… How I love you so. This is actually attempt number one at a recipe I found over on the Better Homes and Gardens website. You see… They asked me to try out one of their recipes so I can guest post on their site (that’s right… I WILL be on the BHG website!!!) and I just couldn’t narrow it down. I ended up making a few different things and these blueberry cheesecake bars were the first to be crossed off of my list.
The 9×13 pan was quickly devoured and even the picky non-blueberry eaters enjoyed one or three. I served them as a going away gift for my mom and dad. Somehow my two sisters seem to magically appear whenever something sweet shows up at home. Both inhaled a few bars and quickly let me know that this recipe is at the top of their list. I did slightly adjust the recipe to fit some picky eaters (don’t worry mom, I won’t let them know it’s you). If you are a fan of coconut then toss some into the crust! I think that would have been a great addition to the crisp outer edge.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cup finely crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 cup flour
- 11/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line a 9×13 pan with foil and lightly spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Stir the butter, graham crackers, flour, and 1/4 cup of sugar together with a fork. Press into the bottom of you prepared pan. Bake for 8 minutes or until light brown.
- Cream together the cream cheese, 2/3 cup sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer. Pour over your warm crust and sprinkle with blueberries.
- Bake 20 minutes or until the center looks like it has set. Cool until room temperature and refrigerate for at least 2 hours if not overnight.
You will want to keep this recipe in mind for blueberry season. It’s just around the corner and I know that I can’t wait to make a few more yummy desserts!