Muddy Buddies or Puppy Chow… Whatever you call it it’s delicious!
I have to admit, this is one recipe I never tried until I this year. I heard it refereed to as Puppy Chow and let’s be honest… That doesn’t sound too appetizing. I always politely declined when offered but man-oh-man was I missing out! Peanut butter and chocolate combine in this sweet treat for an out of this world cereal snack. I kid you not… I could eat this by the hand fulls. If you I had some in my house right now I’d jump into my pj’s, sit on the couch, and scarf it down. Pretty sure if anyone came to the door while I was in the middle of my binge I’d answer with a powdered sugar beard and no shame.
Ok… Maybe a little shame.
This recipe makes a lot. I’m not even kidding. So if you have a party coming up (think Holiday Shindigs) it’s the perfect go-to. Bonus? You cannot mess it up. Seriously. It’s impossible. I’ve had my awesome cousin test this theory.
If you want to get an A+ and be on the kiddo’s good list you could always pack a small baggie of this for them to take to school. Hide it in their lunch box with a little love note and watch them come back thrilled.
- 9 cups chex cereal
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Place the cereal in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Mix the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in a glass bowl. Microwave for one minute, stir, and continue to heat in 20 second intervals until melted. Make sure to stir in between. Add the vanilla.
- Pour over the cereal and stir until covered. Pour into a large ziplock bag, add the powdered sugar, and gently shake until coated. Turn out onto a foil lined surface and allow to cool.