Thank you Bob’s Red Mill for sponsoring this post! Sparkle up your holiday season with more delicious recipes on the Bobs Red Mill website!
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 3/4 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1/3 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until combined and fluffy. Add the eggs, molasses, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk together the flours, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt in a separate bowl. Mix into your wet ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Divide your dough into two equal parts. Shape each piece into a roll slightly shorter than the tray. Press down to 1/2 inch thickness. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool 15 minutes. Use a sharp knife to slice 1/2 inch pieces and place flat onto your tray.
- Bake 10 minutes on each side at 325 degrees.
This post may contain affiliate links. I include these links to help you find specific products that are used in my recipes. If you purchase an item from the link on One Sweet Appetite, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you.
One Sweet Appetite is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com