This post is brought to you by USA Pears.
Expect this recipe to almost be like a jalapeno jelly. Serve it with your holiday turkey and stuffing or on top of a brick of cream cheese with crackers as a snack or appetizer. If you chose the latter I suggest dicing up a pear and sprinkling it over the top as an accent. The display is beautiful and the flavor will have everyone going for seconds.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely diced shallots
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 large USA Pear, the Bosc variety
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized skillet. Sauté shallots for 1-2 minutes or until soft. Stir in the salt, brown sugar and cranberries. Cook on low heat 1-2 minutes more or until the sugar starts to melt. Remove from the heat and stir in the orange juice and zest.
- Transfer to a food processor and pulse 2-3 times until the mixture is finely diced.
- Chop the pear into small chunks and stir into the cranberry mixture. Serve with turkey and stuffing or as a snack with crackers and cream cheese.
USA Pears is a nonprofit marketing organization, represents 1,600 pear growers of Oregon and Washington, who together produce approximately 84% of the fresh pears grown in the United States. Special thanks to USA Pears for sponsoring this post and providing me the opportunity to work with one of my favorite fruits!
This post may contain affiliate links. I include these links to help you find specific products that are used in my recipes. If you purchase an item from the link on One Sweet Appetite, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you.
One Sweet Appetite is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com