This Banana Cream Cheesecake needs to jump to the top of your must-make list. You can thank me later.
Ok, so this isn’t technically a “pie” but it is banana cream and super delicious. The idea came to me when I was sitting at work and one of my coworkers was going on and on about this ammmmmmazing banana cheesecake she had at Cheesecake Factory. I’m pretty sure I spun around in my chair faster than you can say banana split and screeched “Saaaaaay Whhhhhaaaaattt???” louder than any girl should inside an office. I was filled with joy at the idea of this flavor duo and quickly got to work on creating a homemade version! A quick internet search landed me on this one from food.com
– This takes a loooooong time to cook. Be prepared.
– It takes even longer to chill.
– You will have zero self control when it comes to stopping yourself after one slice.
So what are you waiting for? Dive right in!
- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers or graham crackers
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 large eggs
- 4 medium bananas, smashed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- For the crust, mix together all of the ingredients until a crumble is formed. Press into a lightly greased 9" spring form pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 5-7 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the cream cheese, granulated sugar, and corn starch in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until incorporated. Add the eggs one at a time. Stir in the bananas, cream, and vanilla until combined. Pour into your prepared crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 200 degrees and continue to cook 90 minutes or until the almost set.
- Allow to cool in the oven completely. Remove from the pan and chill 3-4 hours.
- Top with crumbled cookies or whipped cream.
This post may contain affiliate links. I include these links to help you find specific products that are used in my recipes. If you purchase an item from the link on One Sweet Appetite, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you.
One Sweet Appetite is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com