Frankenstein Cookies- Chocolate Dipped Oreo's!
These Frankenstein Cookies are the perfect Halloween treat! All you need is Oreo cookies, melted chocolate, pretzels, and m&m candies!
Servings 12 cookies
- 2 cups Green Candy Melts
- 24 Edible Eyes
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Jimmies
- 12 Green M&M’s
- 12 Pretzel Sticks broken into smaller pieces
- 12 Oreo’s Double Stuffed preferred
- Black frosting
- 12 Popsicle Sticks
1. Melt your candy melts according to the package. If it seems too thick try adding 1-3 tablespoons of shortening (DO NOT use butter) to thin it out for easier dipping.
2. Dip the bottom of your popsicle stick in the melted chocolate. Gently push into the center of one cookie. Allow to harden so the chocolate will help keep things together.
3. Spoon melted chocolate over the entire cookie. Gently tap on your dish to remove excess.
4. Working quickly insert one pretzel piece on each side for “ears”, sprinkle chocolate jimmies around the top of the cookie for the hair, and top with eyes and m&m for the nose.
5. Use the black frosting to pipe on a mouth.
- Jimmies are the long bar sprinkles that are a little softer. They give a better “hair” look.
- Edible eyes can be found in most grocery stores now, but you can also order them on Amazon.
- Popsicle sticks are optional.