Penne pasta is my new go-to when deciding what type of noodle to use in my recipes. It has the perfect little hiding pocket to soak up extra sauce which makes every bite that much better, am I right?
I’m sure you are going to see penne on here frequently over the next few months (hint hint) but I wanted to start with this insanely simple dish. It’s packed with bold flavor and is on your table in under an hour!
All of the magic starts with a little Italian sausage. Brown that up with some tangy tomatoes, fresh basil, and a LOT of garlic for one amazing base. This is comfort food at it’s finest and a belly pleaser that’s about to take your pasta game to the next level!
- 1-8oz package penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 lb Italian sausage or ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- Cook your sausage in a large skillet until browned. Add the garlic and cook 1 additional minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes and simmer 10 minutes or just until soft. Add the pasta, mozzarella, parmesan, and basil. Heat an additional 5 minutes or until warm and cheese has melted.
AND in case you missed it, today is National Pasta Day! I’ve got a list of kick butt recipes from some of my favorite blogging buddies to give you a few more options and help you load up on your carbs!
This post may contain affiliate links. I include these links to help you find specific products that are used in my recipes. If you purchase an item from the link on One Sweet Appetite, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you.
One Sweet Appetite is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com