This easy White Wine Alfredo recipe is the perfect dinner. Creamy sauce is made with heavy cream, white wine, garlic and Parmesan and paired with your favorite pasta for the ultimate weeknight dinner!
Need something a little easier? Try my Dump and Bake Alfredo Pasta.
FALL is here ya’ll! That means a couple of things… Parties are imminent (hurray for holidays and potlucks!) and my belly is about to be filled with pasta. I don’t know what it is about cooler temperatures but it always has me craving those classic comfort foods like macaroni and cheese or spaghetti. Pasta dishes also happen to be some of the easiest recipes to take to all of our social gatherings AND are freezer friendly. Hard to pass up, am I right?
White Wine Sauce for Pasta
But the plan here was to step outside of my comfort zone and get a little crazy. I was looking for a super easy recipe I could make for a dinner party and all of the magic started with pasta. I wanted the cheese sauce to seep into the pasta giving you a perfect bite every time and what better way to achieve that than with Penne Pasta??
White Wine Cream Sauce Ingredients
- Heavy cream
- White win
- Salt and pepper
The perfectly cooked pasta (I followed the box directions) is coated in a smooth, rich, and creamy sauce that has just the right amount of Parmesan cheese! With under 6 ingredients it is really hard to believe how much flavor hits your mouth with that very first bite. Sipping on the Chardonnay adds to the experience and will have your dinner guests swooning.
How to make White Wine Pasta Sauce
- Cook your pasta according to the package, drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large pot. Once the butter is melted add the garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in the cream and wine. Cook 2-3 minutes stirring to avoid the milk from burning.
- Add the pasta and Parmesan and stir until cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Tips for making White Wine Sauce for Pasta
What is the best white wine for a cream sauce?
When selecting a white wine for your cream sauce, it’s essential to choose a wine that you enjoy drinking, as the flavor of the wine will be present in the sauce. You don’t need to use an expensive wine for cooking, but avoid wines that are overly sweet or have strong, distinct flavors that may overpower the sauce.
I recommend using a chardonnay, pinot grigio, or riesling.
Serving White Wine Cream Sauce
- Parmesan chicken
- Roasted vegetables
- Sliced sausage
- Side salad
How to store leftover White Wine Alfredo with Heavy Cream
To store leftover Alfredo sauce made with white wine, follow these steps:
Allow the sauce to cool to room temperature and transfer to an airtight container. Place into the refrigerator and enjoy within 3 to 6 days.
Can White Wine Cream Sauce be frozen?
Yes. This alfredo pasta sauce can be frozen.
Allow the sauce to cool completely and transfer to a freezer safe container, or zip top bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
When ready to enjoy, Thaw the sauce in the refrigerator overnight when you’re ready to use it and reheat it gently on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Like this recipe? You will love my:
- Ravioli Bake
- Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Easy Chicken Caprese Pasta
- Homemade Alfredo
- Alfredo and Broccoli Stuffed Shells
More Favorites from One Sweet Appetite
White Wine Alfredo Sauce Recipe with Heavy Cream
- 1 box penne pasta
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package, drain and set aside for later.
- Add the butter to a large saucepan and melt over low heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for one to two minutes, or until fragrant.
- Stir in the cream and wine and allow the mixture to come to a simmer, increasing the temperature of the stove to medium if needed.
- Cook 2-3 minutes, making sure to stir the entire time to avoid the milk from burning.
- Add the pasta and Parmesan and stir until cheese is melted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy.