This easy White Wine Alfredo recipe is the perfect dinner. Creamy sauce is made with heavy cream, white wine, garlic and Parmesan and paired with your favorite pasta for the ultimate weeknight dinner!
FALL is here ya’ll! That means a couple of things… Parties are imminent (hurray for holidays and potlucks!) and my belly is about to be filled with pasta. I don’t know what it is about cooler temperatures but it always has me craving those classic comfort foods like macaroni and cheese or spaghetti. Pasta dishes also happen to be some of the easiest recipes to take to all of our social gatherings AND are freezer friendly. Hard to pass up, am I right?
White Wine Alfredo Recipe
But the plan here was to step outside of my comfort zone and get a little crazy. I was looking for a super easy recipe I could make for a dinner party and all of the magic started with pasta. I wanted the cheese sauce to seep into the pasta giving you a perfect bite every time and what better way to achieve that than with Penne Pasta??
White Wine Alfredo Ingredients:
- Heavy cream
- White win
- Salt and pepper
The perfectly cooked pasta (I followed the box directions) is coated in a smooth, rich, and creamy sauce that has just the right amount of Parmesan cheese! With under 6 ingredients it is really hard to believe how much flavor hits your mouth with that very first bite. Sipping on the Chardonnay adds to the experience and will have your dinner guests swooning.
How to make white wine alfredo:
- Cook your pasta according to the package, drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large pot. Once the butter is melted add the garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in the cream and wine. Cook 2-3 minutes stirring to avoid the milk from burning.
- Add the pasta and Parmesan and stir until cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
What to serve with alfredo:
- Parmesan chicken
- Roasted vegetables
- Sliced sausage
- Side salad
Like this recipe? You will love my:
- Ravioli Bake
- Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Easy Chicken Caprese Pasta
- Homemade Alfredo
- Alfredo and Broccoli Stuffed Shells
Easy White Wine Alfredo Recipe
- 1 box penne pasta
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package, drain and set aside for later.
- Add the butter to a large saucepan and melt over low heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for one to two minutes, or until fragrant.
- Stir in the cream and wine and allow the mixture to come to a simmer, increasing the temperature of the stove to medium if needed.
- Cook 2-3 minutes, making sure to stir the entire time to avoid the milk from burning.
- Add the pasta and Parmesan and stir until cheese is melted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @1sweetappetite and follow pinterest for more!
Still hungry? Follow One Sweet Appetite on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more great recipe ideas!
Comments & Reviews
What heat do you melt the butter at? what heat do you add the cream at? what heat do you cook the cream and melt the parm at?
It was easy, quick and yummy
Thank you, Lori. I’m glad you enjoyed this recipe.
This recipe is horrible. Unless, of course, you like clumped up parmesan cheese in a cream soup.
You clearly missed some vital step to get it to blend and actually turn into sauce..
Hi Brian. I always appreciate feedback. However, I’ve made this recipe dozens of times with no issues at all. Did you use fresh parmesan or was it pre shredded? The pre shredded won’t mix as well as it contains additives.