All you need are three simple ingredients and you are ready to make whipped cream from scratch! Whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla quickly transform into the perfect topping to every dessert!
Making whipped cream has been a big part of running a dessert blog. It tops almost every sweet treat and gives it that perfect finishing touch. Which is why I felt like writing a quick post giving you some simple tips and suggestions was valuable!
Follow along as I walk you through how to make the perfect whipped cream recipe!
What You Need:
The list of items you need for whipped cream is not long! In fact, you only need THREE things to achieve perfect topping in minutes!
- Whipping cream
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract OR vanilla bean paste
I have used both vanilla extract and vanilla bean paste. Both produce a slight hint of vanilla flavor without an overwhelming takeover. I prefer the paste only because of the beautiful specks you get in the finished product and the slightly more fragrant result.
The difference between heavy cream and whipping cream:
When you are picking up the main ingredient you might notice there are two options that look oh-so similar. So what exactly is the difference between heavy cream and whipping cream and which one is best for this recipe?
The short answer? They both have a different percentage of fat content. Heavy cream leans a little higher while whipping cream has a little less.
So which works best for this recipe? That answer depends on what you will be using it for. If you are topping drinks, pies, or any other treat I suggest whipping cream.
If you are going to be pipping designs or hoping the whipped cream will hold its shape a little longer, opt for the heavy cream.
Ultimately, either will do.
Tips for this recipe:
I have made this recipe dozens of times. The following tips are golden and will help you master this recipe in no time! If you only follow one tip, make it the first one.
- Chill the bowl and beaters for 10 to 15 minutes before starting your recipe. This will help everything come together and the cream achieve that light fluffy texture.
- Start slow and increase the speed after you have added the sugar and extracts.
- Watch closely to avoid over beating.
Do you need an electric mixer to make whipped cream?
The short answer? No, but it definitely helps. I do use either my stand mixer or a handheld to speed up the process. In a pinch, I use a whisk and some serious arm muscle. All work and produce incredible results.
How to make homemade whipped cream:
1. Place the whipping cream in a chilled bowl.
2. Whisk the cream until soft peaks form.
3. Add the vanilla and powdered sugar. Continue to whisk until light and fluffy.
How long does this recipe last?
From our experience, homemade cream will last about 2 to 3 days if stored properly in the refrigerator. That means you can make it in advance!
Like this recipe? You will love using it on my:
How to Make Whipped Cream From Scratch – 3 Ingredients!
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 2-3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1. Place the whipping cream in a chilled bowl.
- 2. Whisk the cream until soft peaks form.
- 3. Add the vanilla and powdered sugar. Continue to whisk until light and fluffy.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @1sweetappetite and follow pinterest for more!
Pin for later:
Still hungry? Follow One Sweet Appetite on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more great recipe ideas!
Leave a Review!