This delicious Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast is the perfect breakfast or brunch recipe. Sweet challah bread is sliced, stuffed with cheesecake, and topped with glazed strawberries. The perfect way to take your breakfast to the next level.
If you love breakfast as much as we do, be sure to check out the list of over 100+ Breakfast and Brunch Ideas. We especially love my Samoa French Toast and Coconut French Toast Recipe.
- Stuffed French Toast- Basically eating dessert for breakfast! Filling two slices of soft bread with a cheesecake filling is irresistible.
- 30-Minute Recipe: Ready in under 30 minutes and can be prepped in advance.
- Easy to Customize: Swap the strawberries for any of your favorite fruits.
This stuffed french toast recipe takes breakfast to an entirely new level. It’s a go-to breakfast, especially when we have guests, and is a family favorite. The sweet cheesecake filling paired with the sweetened berries is hard to resist. Every bite gives you a taste of every component and fills your mouth with incredible flavor.
It’s hard to believe this Strawberry Stuffed French Toast is a breakfast and not a dessert. Fancy enough for brunch, but easy enough for every day. Save this one to your recipe box.
STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE FRENCH TOAST INGREDIENTS
One great thing about this Copycat IHOP Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast is that it is easily adaptable. If strawberries aren’t in season, or you prefer another flavor, you can swap it for another fruit. We have made it with blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries with great success!
- Strawberries: Or really, any berry. We have made this with blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries with amazing results. Use what you have on hand or your favorite berry.
- Sugar: Just a touch to sweeten the berries and to make the filling.
- Cornstarch: This thickening agent will give you the perfect berry sauce to top your french toast.
- Bread: This ingredient is one you can really play around with. Use classic sandwich bread, challah, or a sweet bread. The choice is yours. More on this further down in the post.
- Eggs: Large eggs will give you a great base for your custard.
- Cream: You can substitute cream for whole milk or 2% or even half and half.
- Honey: One of my two secret ingredients in french toast. Honey adds a touch of sweetness but also a delightful crisp on the finished cook.
- Orange: Adding a touch of orange zest will bring your french toast to life. Adding that hint of citrus gives you a delicious finish.
- Whipped cream: Optional, but a fun finish to your breakfast.
Did you know they actually sell cheesecake filling in the store? That version works well in this recipe, especially if you want to save an extra minute or two of prep. However, making your own is surprisingly simple! Here is what you will need:
- Cream Cheese
HOW TO MAKE CHEESECAKE FRENCH TOAST
- Combine strawberries and sugar in a medium saucepan. Stir and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Heat over medium heat until warm.
- In a small bowl whisk cornstarch and water. Stir into your strawberry mixture and bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook until just thickened. Remove from heat and set aside for later. This will be your strawberry topping.
- Add cream cheese, vanilla extract, and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Whisk until fluffy making sure to scrape the sides once for even mixing. Spread a heaping spoonful between two slices of bread.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, honey, and orange zest. Dip both sides of your sandwiched bread in the egg mixture and transfer to a heated skillet. Cook until golden on both sides.
- Serve with the strawberry sauce and fresh whipped cream.
CREAM CHEESE STUFFED FRENCH TOAST TIPS
- Use whatever bread you feel works best for your family.
- Dip the bread in the egg mixture, but don’t let it sit too long or it will get a little soggy.
- Keep the heat on low/medium. With the thickness of two slices you want to cook this a little slower and for slightly more time than traditional French toast.
WHAT BREAD SHOULD YOU USE FOR FRENCH TOAST?
- Challah – This beautiful braided bread is rich with flavor making it the perfect base for your french toast creations.
- White Chocolate Pecan – A quick trip to a local bakery made me realize that this is the king of breads. It is filled with sweet flavor that pairs amazingly with the cheesecake and strawberry topping.
- Brioche – This French bread is light and sweet. Slice it the night before and let it slightly dry for one amazing breakfast recipe!
- French Bread – When all else fails, grab a loaf of french bread. Thick slices will give you the perfect base for your breakfast.
Looking for a freezer friendly version? Make these into french toast sticks!
MORE MUST-TRY FRENCH TOAST RECIPES
Like this recipe? You will love my:
- Sweet Banana French Toast
- Sugar Cookie French Toast
- Pumpkin French Toast
- Baked French Toast Sticks
- Sweet Eggnog French Toast
- Cinnamon Sugar French Toast
- overnight French toast
- Samoa French Toast
Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast
- 1-1/2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1-1/2 cup granulated sugar divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup warm water
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 loaf of your favorite bread sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- zest from 1 orange optional
- Whipped cream optional
- Combine the strawberries and 1/2 cup sugar in a medium saucepan. Stir and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Heat over medium heat until warm.
- In a small bowl whisk the cornstarch and water. Stir into your strawberry mixture and bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook until just thickened. Remove from heat and set aside for later.
- Add the cream cheese, vanilla extract, and 1 cup of sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Whisk for 5 minutes or until fluffy making sure to scrape the sides once for even mixing. Spread a heaping spoonful between two slices of bread.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, honey, and orange zest. Dip both sides of your sandwiched bread in the egg mixture and transfer to a heated skillet. Cook until golden on both sides.
- Serve with the strawberry sauce and fresh whipped cream.
Pin for later: