Looking to recreate the finger-licking goodness of Raising Cane’s sauce without having to chase down their chicken joint? Look no further, fam! Our copycat Raising Cane’s sauce recipe will have you doing the happy dance in your kitchen. With just the right balance of tanginess, sweetness, and a hint of mystery, this sauce will make your taste buds sing! Get ready to dip, dunk, and devour your way to crispy chicken bliss!
Why You’ll Love This Dipping Sauce
- Make Ahead: This recipe actually tastes BETTER the longer it sits. I suggest making it at least one day in advance.
- Long Lasting: You can leave this covered tightly in the refrigerator for up to two weeks!
- Delicious Dipping Sauce: We’re obsessed with the bold flavor, and slight spice, that is this sauce recipe.
This copycat sauce is a labor of love. I made over a dozen variations. Along the way we adjusted, tasted, and adjusted some more until it was absolutely perfect. It is so dang delicious and the perfect way to get your fix, especially when you pair it with my crispy chicken strips!
I made my family taste so many versions of this dip and this one was the ONLY version that got five stars from all. Requested to be made at every singe bbq we are attending this year, and easily one of our new favorite condiments!
Cane’s Sauce Ingredients
This recipe was adapted from Key to My Lime. I absolutely recommend you check out her version. It was delicious, we found just a few changes made it more our preference. I also recommend that you try her Taco Bell Sauce. It’s a MUST when we make our breakfast crunchwraps.
Here’s what you need for this sauce:
- Mayonnaise: Using a classic mayonnaise like Hellmann’s or Best Foods works well for making this dip.
- Ketchup: When it comes to choosing the best ketchup for a dipping sauce, Heinz is often considered a top choice. Its classic flavor, smooth texture, and balanced sweetness make it a versatile option for various dipping sauces.
- Worcestershire Sauce: Often described as tangy, savory, and slightly sweet with umami undertones. This is a key flavor in this sauce.
- Hot Sauce: Just a dash of your favorite hot sauce, I really like to use cholula.
- Seasonings: Specifically, garlic powder, pepper, and creole (cajun) seasoning.
Copycat Cane’s Sauce
Here’s the secret with this recipe, it’s so easy but does take a bit of planning. Here’s how you make it:
- MIX: Mix all of the ingredients until well combined. Taste and add more seasonings if needed.
- CHILL: Cover tightly and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- ENJOY: Serve with your favorite chicken, fries, or burgers.
- Airtight Container: Test out this set of bowls with lids (affiliate). Perfect sized and one of my most-used kitchen items!
- Silicone Spatulas: If I can only recommend one kitchen tool, it would be a set of silicone spatulas (affiliate). These are so versatile and used daily in our kitchen. Great for baking AND cooking.
- Liquid Measuring Cups: A good set of measuring cups (affiliate) is actually a key piece of equipment for any kitchen. This is the set that I have and it has lasted me more than 15 years.
When stored in an airtight container, this homemade sauce can last up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
If you don’t have Worcestershire sauce on hand, you can use soy sauce as a substitute. However, note that it may slightly affect the flavor profile.
Of course! The beauty of homemade sauces is the ability to customize them. Feel free to adjust the quantities of garlic powder, black pepper, or other seasonings to match your preferences.
If you prefer a spicier kick, you can add a few extra dashes of hot sauce or a pinch of cayenne pepper to the recipe.
Definitely! While it’s famously known for dipping chicken fingers, this sauce can be enjoyed with various dishes like fries, burgers, sandwiches, and more.
Copycat Raising Cane’s Sauce Recipe
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Hot sauce less if you want it more mild
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 pinch cajun seasoning I like Tony's
- Mix all of the ingredients until well combined. Taste and add more seasonings if needed.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Serve with your favorite chicken, fries, or burgers.