This is Easy Balsamic Vinaigrette is the perfect topping to your salad! Tangy, flavor packed, and ready in just 5-minutes! You cannot go wrong with this homemade dressing.
Wondering what to serve this dressing with? I’ve got you! This balsamic salad dressing tastes great on my Apple harvest Salad, Strawberry Salad, and Italian Chicken Pita!
- EASY: You will be amazed how quick this comes together.
- Minimal Ingredients: You only need a handful of ingredients, most of which you probably already have in your kitchen.
- Long Lasting: One batch will last up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
I started making my own salad dressings years ago and never looked back. Whipping up your own balsamic dressing right at home is as simple as measure and shake, and the flavor is INCREDIBLE. Perfectly tany with a touch of sweet, this is great on almost any salad!
WHAT INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE THE BEST VINAIGRETTE DRESSING
Quality is key in this balsamic dressing. Because the ingredient list is minimal, you need to reach for good ingredients. Having that robust flavor from a good vinegar and oil is going to send you spinach and kale salads over the top. Here is what you need to make this recipe:
- Balsamic Vinegar: Here’s the deal, I really love the Kirkland brand. It’s smooth, tangy, and gives a delicious dressing. Not to mention the price is right. Colavita has a great product that is more affordable, along with Pompeian.
- Brown Sugar: A tiny bit of sweet to balance the tang of the vinegar.
- Garlic: FRESH garlic. Do not substitute this for powdered versions.
- Salt and Pepper: To taste
- Olive Oil: Oil snobs, feel free to call me out on this one, but I really like Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It’s affordable and makes a darn good dressing.
HOW TO MAKE BALSAMIC SALAD DRESSING
This could not be any easier! Here is the skinny on the step by steps of this recipe:
- PREP: Measure your ingredients and mince the garlic.
- SHAKE: Add everything to a jar or container with a secure lid. Shake until combined.
- ENJOY: Drizzle over the salad and enjoy!
- Salad Spinner: I honestly waited WAY too long to purchase my own salad spinner (affiliate). Let me tell you, this was worth every penny. Having dry greens means the dressing can stick to every bite making it even more delicious.
- Salad Dressing Shaker: If you’re a fan of vinaigrettes, you know that they start to seperate and need to be shaken. A salad dressing shaker (affiliate) keeps everything together and makes drizzling over top of you salad a breeze.
- Salad Container: These are my newest obsession! Salad containers (affiliate) are so handy in preparing salads in advance. They keep the greens, toppings, and dressing separated until you are ready to eat, which keeps everything fresh and crisp!
SALAD RECIPE TIPS
If stored properly, this dressing will last up to two weeks. Keep in an airtight container, like a mason jar, in the refrigerator. Give a good shake before use.
Don’t limit your balsamic vinegar dressing to salads! This is amazing drizzled right over cooked vegetables, a light sprinkle over avocado toast, and even on top of cooked peaches.
Don’t be afraid to get creative.
MORE MUST-TRY SALAD DRESSING
Still Hungry? Follow One Sweet Appetite on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Simple Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup Pompeian Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- Place all of your ingredients in a jar. Tighten the lid and give it a good shake.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @1sweetappetite and follow pinterest for more!
Comments & Reviews
Holly C. says
This makes my salads loos so boring. This is so fancy!
Amy | The Happy Scraps says
This salad looks delicious! My favorite salad is a chinese chicken salad. Mmmm, it’s a good one!
Lindsay @Artsy-Fartsy Mama says
This sounds great!! Pinning to try later!
Yvonne @ TriedandTasty says
This looks so delicious! I love a fresh salad.. and I LOVE the shot of the dressing being poured…NAILED IT!
I love balsamic . I also love things I can whip up quickly. Thanks for the recipe.
Heidi @ Happiness is Homemade says
Yum! I love simple and delicious!
Amy Anderson says
I also love balsamic – this salad looks yummy!
I love balsamic! And homemade is the ONLY way to eat it YUM!
Vanessa Barker says
Oh my gosh, this looks so good and perfect for a summer meal.
Ooooh, balsamic vinaigrette is my favorite 🙂