2 Ingredient German Chocolate Fudge. What if I told you that it was possible to make no-fail creamy 2 ingredient fudge that tasted exactly like a German chocolate cake? That is what you get with this incredibly simple dessert recipe!
I am on a roll with these fudge recipes. There is something contagious about only needing two ingredients and five minutes of your time.
You can whip up a batch of each for your holiday parties and everyone will think you spent hours in the kitchen! It is a hidden gem of a recipe. The fact that you can make sooooo many flavors makes it that much better. Our favorite?
- Quick and Easy: Start to finish- this recipe takes less than 15 minutes.
- Two Ingredient: Only TWO ingredients!
- Budget Dessert: With just two ingredients this recipe is extremely budget friendly. Roughly $2 to $4 per batch!
What You’ll Need:
Remember when I said, about 100 times, that this German chocolate candy recipe is only two ingredients? Head to the baking aisle and pick up the following:
- 1 Can German Chocolate Frosting
- 1 Bag Chocolate Chips- Semi Sweet
The frosting should be located right around the dry cake mixes. I reach for Betty Crocker, but any brand will do. For full measurements check the recipe card below.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Line an 8 inch pan with foil or parchment paper. Mist with non-stick spray.
- Melt the chocolate according to the package instructions. I microwave mine for roughly 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds.
- Stir in the frosting until well combined.
- Quickly spread into the prepared pan and allow to cool.
- Cut, serve, and enjoy!
Tips and FAQ’s:
This coconut fudge recipe could not be simpler to make. It is the perfect candy recipe for beginners!
How long does 2 ingredient German chocolate fudge last?
Typically this fudge will last about a week, if stored properly. Keep sealed in a zip top bag or air tight container. In all honesty, we have eaten it up to two weeks. However, the texture was slightly different.
Can you substitute semi sweet chocolate for milk chocolate?
Absolutely! You can change the chocolate type to almost anything. We really like semi sweet, but you could opt for milk chocolate or white.
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- 1 (16 oz) can German Chocolate Frosting
1. Line an 8 inch pan with foil or parchment paper. Mist with non-stick spray.
2. Melt the chocolate according to the package instructions. I microwave mine for roughly 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds.
3. Stir in the frosting until well combined.
4. Quickly spread into the prepared pan and allow to cool.
5. Cut, serve, and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 9mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 1g