This German Chocolate Fudge Recipe is made with only 2-ingredients! Coconut pecan frosting gives a delicious base to this melt-in-your-mouth to a classic chocolate fudge making it and irresistible twist on the classic!
Looking for more must-try German chocolate recipes? Be sure to try my German Chocolate Cupcakes (a family favorite) and my Coconut Macaroons!
- Quick and Easy: Start to finish- this recipe takes less than 15 minutes.
- Two Ingredient: Only TWO ingredients!
- Budget Dessert: With just two ingredients this recipe is extremely budget friendly. Roughly $2 to $4 per batch!
What if I told you that it was possible to make no-fail creamy 2 ingredient fudge that tasted exactly like a German chocolate cake? That is what you get with this incredibly simple dessert recipe! There is something contagious about only needing two ingredients and five minutes of your time.
You can whip up a batch of each for your holiday parties and everyone will think you spent hours in the kitchen! It is a hidden gem of a recipe. The fact that you can make sooooo many flavors makes it that much better. Our favorite?
GERMAN CHOCOLATE FUDGE INGREDIENTS
Remember when I said, about 100 times, that this German chocolate candy recipe is only two ingredients? Head to the baking aisle and pick up the following:
- German Chocolate Frosting: I’m talking canned frosting you find in the baking aisle. These are also called coconut pecan frosting. Optionally, you can buy a second jar and add a bit to the top of your fudge once it has set.
- Chocolate Chips– Reach for semi sweet chocolate chips. The canned frosting tones things down quite a bit.
The frosting should be located right around the dry cake mixes. I reach for Betty Crocker, but any brand will do. For full measurements check the recipe card below.
HOW TO MAKE 2-INGREDIENT FUDGE
- PREP: Line an 8 inch pan with foil or parchment paper. Mist with baking spray to help get the fudge out even easier.
- MELT: Met the chocolate chips by placing in a heatsafe bowl, like glass, and microwaving in 15 second intervals, stirring well between each, until fully melted. This should take roughly 1 to 2 minutes.
- MIX: Fold in the canned frosting until fully combined.
- SPREAD: Working quickly, spread into your prepared pan. Let that set for 10 to 15 minutes and enjoy!
HELPFUL FUDGE RECIPE TIPS
This coconut fudge recipe could not be simpler to make. It is the perfect candy recipe for beginners! That being said, I’ve got a few helpful tips to make things easier for you!
Typically this fudge will last about a week, if stored properly. Keep sealed in a zip top bag or air tight container. In all honesty, we have eaten it up to two weeks. However, the texture was slightly different.
Absolutely! You can change the chocolate type to almost anything. We really like semi sweet, but you could opt for milk chocolate or white.
I own a set of larger shallow containers that have lids that fit securely. Place the fudge inside a container, making sure to separate layers with either parchment paper or wax paper.
MORE MUST-TRY FUDGE RECIPES
Still Hungry? Follow One Sweet Appetite on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
2 Ingredient German Chocolate Fudge
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- 1 (16 oz) can German Chocolate Frosting Plus more for decoration, optional
- 1. Line an 8 inch pan with foil or parchment paper. Mist with non-stick spray.
- 2. Melt the chocolate according to the package instructions. I microwave mine for roughly 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds.
- 3. Stir in the frosting until well combined.
- 4. Quickly spread into the prepared pan and allow to cool.
- 5. Cut, serve, and enjoy!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @1sweetappetite and follow pinterest for more!
Comments & Reviews
I know you say to mix the icing with the chocolate. But it looks like you add icing at the end on top. Is that correct
Sorry for not including that bit in the instructions. Use all of the icing can inside of the fudge. If you want to decorate the way I have it photoed, add a small amount of extra frosting spread across the top. I’ll update those instructions now to make it more clear.