Pumpkin Eggnog Dip. This fun dessert/appetizer is a great way to bring the classic holiday flavor to your table! With just a few simple ingredients you have a fancy dip ready to serve!
Eggnog is a staple in our fridge this time of year. Truth? I actually do not drink it. However, we do use it for everything else.
Pancakes, waffles, French toast, custard, frosting… So many yummy things. The best? This Christmas dessert dip recipe!
- Quick and Easy: This recipe comes together in under 10 minutes.
- Holiday and Fall Flavor: Pumpkin and eggnog combine to make the ultimate dip.
- Easy Dessert for a Crowd: Heading to a holiday party? This recipe is perfect for a crowd and can be made in advance!
What You’ll Need:
This recipe list is fairly short and calls for easy ingredients. For a full list and measurements see the recipe card below.
- Eggnog: Specifically, Pumpkin spice eggnog. However, you could also add a heaping spoonful of pumpkin puree with a little pumpkin pie spice for the same great flavor.
- Sour Cream: This recipe uses sour cream instead of the typical cream cheese. The slight tang pairs perfectly with the eggnog.
- Heavy Cream: The other crucial ingredient to giving you that light texture.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Combine the eggnog and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Whisk until the two ingredients combine and are smooth, about one minute.
- Stir in the cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil. Let the mixture boil for 2 minutes, stirring consistently.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the whipping cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold into the eggnog mixture.
- Serve with your favorite cookies.
Tips and FAQ’s:
How to make this dip in advance:
This recipe can be made up to two days in advance. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve. I like to add an extra layer of plastic wrap tightly across the top of the dip, touching the surface, to help keep a crust from forming.
What to serve with dessert dips:
This specific dip is best served with cookies. Sugar, Vanilla wafers, Gingersnaps, Gingerbread, Graham crackers… All work and taste incredible. You could even use fruit in the dip like apples or strawberries.
- 1-1/2 cup pumpkin eggnog
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
Combine the eggnog and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Whisk until the two ingredients combine and are smooth, about one minute.
Stir in the cinnamon and nutmeg.
Bring to a boil. Let the mixture boil for 2 minutes, stirring consistently.
Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream.
In a separate bowl, whisk the whipping cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold into the eggnog mixture.
Serve with your favorite cookies.
you could also add a heaping spoonful of pumpkin puree with a little pumpkin pie spice for the same great flavor with classic eggnog.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 89Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 18mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g