When I asked all of you Facebook fans if you wanted white chocolate or apple I was shocked at the direction things went. I thought for sure white chocolate would come in first, but the vote is in and APPLE won the race. This apple pie dip is absolutely amazing and included in a fun post I have in the days to come. It’s the perfect fall treat and a great way to sneak in those Thanksgiving pie flavors without rolling out the dough!
Your house is going to smell divine while you cook this. The wonderful smells of fall will slowly fill your entire home. No need for scented candles or warmers! The great news is this tastes just as great as it smells!
Apple Pie Dip
- 2 large apples finely diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon water
- Combine your apples, lemon juice, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small pot. Gently bring to a boil over low heat.
- While your apple mixture is cooking combine the corn starch and water. Stir into the pot and allow your dip to thicken.
- Cook until your apples are juicy and tender. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.
You really can use any type of apple, but our favorite are granny smith or red delicious. The granny smith adds a fun tartness and needs a tiny bit more sugar, but it also limits how much you really want to eat. Unless you pair the dip with my amazing cinnamon sugar crisps! I did make one minor change to the crisp recipe. I substituted coconut oil spray for the butter. It’s a little faster when you are in a pinch but tastes just as good.
Stay tuned for some other fun ways to use up leftovers (if any) soon!
You will love my: