Baked cinnamon and sugar apple chips are an easy snack made with your favorite variety of apple. Cinnamon and sugar give the chips a sweet dessert flavor!
Dried apples make the perfect sweet snack recipe.
We always used to buy packages at the store, but making them at home is just as easy! You don’t even need fancy equipment. Just fresh fruit and an oven!
What You Need:
This recipe for baked cinnamon apple chips is the perfect healthy snack. It also happens to be minimal ingredients! I’m talking three total.
- Cinnamon and Sugar
Best apples for dried apple chips:
This is the big question. When we first started making this recipe it was a struggle to find the right apple variety. In fact, I didn’t even realize how many apples there really are!
After some testing, we found the best apples for apple chips are golden delicious or pink lady apples. I found a lot of great info on apple types from this site.
Step by Step Instructions:
No need to buy fancy kitchen gear for apple chips! All you need is a sharp knife, your favorite apple variety, and your oven! How to make apple chips in the oven:
- Slice your apples thin. It is best to do this with a mandolin slicer, but a sharp knife will work as well. Be sure to watch your fingers!
- Lay your apple slices out on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake for one hour at a low temperature. Flip, turn the oven down, and bake for an additional hour.
The secret to a crisp chip with a soft and chewy center is to allow the apples to cool completely in the oven. When the final baking hour is complete simply turn the oven off. Let them sit for 4-8 hours or until completely cool. From there, transfer to a zip top bag or air tight container.
Like this recipe? You will love my:
Baked Cinnamon and Sugar Apple Chips
- 2-3 of your favorite apples
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1. Preheat your oven to 220 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- 2. Slice your apples using a sharp knife or mandolin slicer. You want them fairly thin. Place in a single layer on your two prepared baking sheets.
- 3. Combine the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over your apples.
- 4. Bake for one hour. Remove from the oven and flip. Turn the heat down to 170 degrees and put them back in for another hour.
- 5. Turn your oven off and let them sit in there for 2-4 hours, or overnight.
Pin for later: