Alright, folks, gather ’round because we’re about to dive into the delicious world of apple pie moonshine! If you’ve been craving a sip of nostalgia mixed with a punch of flavor, you’re in for a treat. Today, I’m spilling the beans (and the apples) on how to whip up your very own batch of this liquid autumn magic. So, grab your Mason jars and get ready to shake things up with this irresistible apple pie moonshine recipe that’s about to become the star of your sippin’ sessions and Instagram feeds alike!
This post includes a recipe for alcohol. Drink responsibly. One Sweet Appetite and it’s authors are not responsible for the actions of our readers should they choose to make this recipe and consume it. Please drink responsibly.
Why You’ll Love This Homemade Moonshine
- Easy: This recipe is unbelievably simple to make.
- Apple Pie In Drink Form: Every sip tastes like a sip of the classic dessert.
- Perfect Gift: A jar of this is the perfect gift to give. A simple ribbon tied around the top makes it ideal for new neighbors or holidays.
Have you ever wondered what it would taste like to add a full apple pie to a blender and turn it into a cocktail? No? Just me?
Well, that is exactly what this apple moonshine tastes like. It is seriously incredible for so many reasons. Also, I did not create this recipe. It was passed down from my brother who got it from a friend. Who also happens to have an emotional support raccoon (I kid you not) named Ricky. Who is awesome.
But back to this drink. I was delivering a cheesecake to my brother at said friends house, and they tricked me into sipping away at this killer cider. Turns out it’s actually SUPER strong moonshine. I had no idea.
Apple Moonshine Ingredients
Surprisingly, you do not need much. This recipe you need a good apple cider. I like the spiced cider you find at Trader Joe’s or any cider that is made with fresh apples. However, you could also use a homemade version! I have a slow cooker cider that is insanely delicious.
- Apple Cider: Pick a cider that you already love.
- Apple Juice Concentrate: You’ll find this in the freezer section next to the other concentrate juice flavors. Don’t pay attention to the instructions on the bottle. Simply follow this recipe.
- Water: Three cups, not what is called for on the concentrate.
- Cinnamon Sticks: You can find these in the spice aisle of most grocery stores.
- Sugar: White, or granulated, sugar works best for this cocktail recipe.
- Alcohol: Opt for either Everclrear or vodka.
Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe
- PREP: Combine the apple cider, apple juice concentrate, water, cinnamon and sugar in a large pot. Bring to a boil.
- SIMMER: Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the cinnamon sticks open and the sugar is fully dissolved, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- COOL: Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- ENJOY: Stir in the Everclear or Vodka. Pour into jars to store and enjoy!
Here’s the deal with this moonshine… You can drink it warm or cold.
- To drink cold: Fill a cup with ice. Pour the moonshine over the top and enjoy!
- To drink warm: Heat in a pot on the stove, or in the microwave, until warm. Pour into a mug and sip away!
Tips for this recipe:
- Here’s the deal, I used Everclear the first time I made this. Everclear is STRONG. So if you opt for this version, please drink responsibly. Actually, either way you should drink responsibly. This drink tastes so incredibly delicious that you could easily drink too much.
- Wait for the apple cider mixture to cool completely before adding the alcohol.
- Want your moonshine to last a little longer? Process it in mason jars!
- This recipe should last roughly four to six weeks if stored properly.
Making homemade liquor should never be done and can be dangerous without proper training and licensing. This “moonshine” is more of a cocktail.
The alcohol content can vary, but most apple pie moonshine recipes yield a potent concoction with around 20-30% alcohol by volume (ABV). Remember to enjoy responsibly!
Absolutely! This recipe is your canvas. Feel free to tweak the cinnamon, nutmeg, and other spices to match your taste buds’ dance routine.
Mason jars or airtight containers are your best pals here. Keep your apple pie moonshine away from direct sunlight and in a cool, dark place to preserve its flavor and quality.
Ah, the fun part! Serve it chilled over ice, sip it straight, or get creative with cocktails. Apple pie moonshine can also be a fantastic ingredient in various mixed drinks for a cozy kick.
Apple Pie Moonshine
- 5 cups apple cider
- 1 can apple juice concentrate
- 3 cans water*
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2½ cups sugar
- 1 to 1½ cups Everclear or Vodka
- Combine the apple cider, apple juice concentrate, water, cinnamon and sugar in a large pot. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the cinnamon sticks open and the sugar is fully dissolved, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Stir in the Everclear or Vodka. Pour into jars to store and enjoy!
Like this recipe? Here are a few more apple favorites you might enjoy: