This Apple Pie Moonshine recipe is about to become your favorite apple cocktail. Easy to make with minimal ingredients and SO STRONG.
Have you ever wondered what it would taste like to add a full apple pie to a blender and turn it into a cocktail?
No? Just me?
Well, that is exactly what this apple moonshine tastes like. It is seriously incredible for so many reasons. Also, I did not create this recipe. It was passed down from my brother who got it from a friend. Who also happens to have an emotional support raccoon (I kid you not) named Ricky. Who is awesome.
But back to this drink. I was delivering a cheesecake to my brother at said friends house, and they tricked me into sipping away at this killer cider. Turns out it’s actually SUPER strong moonshine. I had no idea.
What do you need to make homemade moonshine?
Surprisingly, you do not need much. This recipe you need a good apple cider. I like the spiced cider you find at Trader Joe’s or any cider that is made with fresh apples. However, you could also use a homemade version! I have a slow cooker cider that is insanely delicious.
You also need a handful of cinnamon sticks, apple juice concentrate, sugar, water, and booze of choice.
Tips for this recipe:
- Here’s the deal, I used Everclear the first time I made this. Everclear is STRONG. So if you opt for this version, please drink responsibly. Actually, either way you should drink responsibly. This drink tastes so incredibly delicious that you could easily drink too much.
- Wait for the apple cider mixture to cool completely before adding the alcohol.
- Want your moonshine to last a little longer? Process it in mason jars!
- This recipe should last roughly four to six weeks if stored properly.
How to make apple pie moonshine:
- Combine the apple cider, apple juice concentrate, water, cinnamon and sugar in a large pot. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the cinnamon sticks open and the sugar is fully dissolved, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Stir in the Everclear or Vodka. Pour into jars to store and enjoy!
Here’s the deal with this moonshine… You can drink it warm or cold.
- To drink cold: Fill a cup with ice. Pour the moonshine over the top and enjoy!
- To drink warm: Heat in a pot on the stove, or in the microwave, until warm. Pour into a mug and sip away!
Like this recipe? Here are a few more apple favorites you might enjoy:
- 5 cups apple cider
- 1 can apple juice concentrate
- 3 cans water*
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups Everclear or Vodka
1. Combine the apple cider, apple juice concentrate, water, cinnamon and sugar in a large pot. Bring to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the cinnamon sticks open and the sugar is fully dissolved, about 30 to 45 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
4. Stir in the Everclear or Vodka. Pour into jars to store and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 0gSugar: 34gProtein: 0g
Calories are a rough estimate provided by a third party app