Hot Chocolate Whipped Cream! Imagine this: rich, velvety whipped cream infused with the comforting, chocolaty goodness of your favorite hot chocolate mix. It’s not just a topping; it’s an upgrade that’ll make your hot cocoa feel like a gourmet treat straight from a fancy café. This recipe is a game-changer for all you chocolate enthusiasts out there. Ready to whip up some magic?
Why You’ll Love This Hot Cocoa Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Lover’s Bliss: If you’re a chocoholic (no judgment, we’re in the same club!), this recipe is your dream come true. It’s like getting an extra dose of chocolate in every bite or sip.
- Easy Gourmet Touch: Want to impress guests or just treat yourself? This recipe adds a fancy, gourmet twist to everyday desserts and drinks, making it seem like you’ve put in way more effort than you actually did.
- Customizable: You can tweak this recipe to fit your taste. Want it more chocolaty? Go for it. Prefer it less sweet? You do you! It’s all about making your taste buds happy.
We LOVE this recipe. It’s one you never knew you needed until you try it, and then you’ll never want to forget how to make it. Our all-time favorite way to add a little pizzazz to a morning cup of coffee, fresh fruit, cakes and pastries… You can add this to almost anything.
Whipped cream infused with hot chocolate mix is a creamy, chocolatey delight. It combines the rich, velvety flavor of chocolate, which can vary from deep and dark to light and sweet, depending on your choice of hot chocolate mix. This is beautifully blended with the smooth, luxurious texture of whipped cream, creating a melt-in-your-mouth experience. This whipped cream is a dream come true for chocolate lovers, offering a unique twist on the classic whipped cream taste.
Hot Chocolate Whipped Cream Ingredients
A benefit of this recipe is the simple ingredients. You don’t need much to make the magic happen and the great thing is that this recipe is fairly inexpensive.
- Hot Cocoa Mix: Browse the aisle and find one that sounds good to you. We’ve tried milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and white chocolate- all equally delicious.
- Powdered Sugar: Just a touch to help finish sweetening the mix. Powdered sugar keeps things smooth and less grainy.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: Heavy cream and whipping cream are super similar and either will work in this recipe. Pick up whichever you prefer.
- Whole Milk: Optional, but this is an excellent and quick way to make a creamy homemade hot chocolate. Use warm milk that hasn’t been heated too much. Another option is to play barista and make your kitchen a coffee shop! Plop a dollop onto your morning cup of joe and instantly transform your coffee into a mocha.
Hot Chocolate Whipped Cream Recipe
This is such a fun drink to serve any time of the year. You can make it warm or chilled for a fun experience year round.
- PREP: My favorite tip for whipped cream is to chill the mixing bowl in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes before you start. This helps the cream to whip quickly.
- WHISK: Combine the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and hot cocoa mix into the mixing bowl. Whip at medium speed until soft peaks form.
- TOPPING: From here you have a few options. You can place the whipped hot chocolate into an airtight container and save for later, add onto warmed milk, or onto your morning coffee.
Try sprinkling extra toppings onto your drink like crushed candy canes or mini marshmallows for a fun finish!
- Electric Mixer or Stand Mixer (affiliate): This is your best friend for getting that perfect, fluffy texture without tiring your arms. A hand mixer works great, but a stand mixer can make the job even easier.
- Mixing Bowl (affiliate): Preferably a chilled metal bowl to help the cream whip up faster and hold its shape better. Glass or plastic works too, but metal is the top choice for pros.
- Spatula (affiliate): A rubber or silicone spatula is perfect for scraping down the sides of the bowl to ensure everything gets evenly mixed.
- Piping Bag and Tips (Optional): For those Instagram-worthy swirls on top of your drinks or desserts, a piping bag with a star tip can really up your presentation game.
Yes, you can use any brand or flavor of hot chocolate mix. However, keep in mind that the quality and flavor of the mix will affect the taste of your whipped cream.
It usually takes about 3-5 minutes with an electric mixer on medium-high speed. You’re looking for soft to stiff peaks to form, indicating it’s ready.
Absolutely! You can use a manual whisk, but it will require more time and effort to achieve the same results.
Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It should stay good for up to 3 days, but it’s best used within the first 24 hours for optimal texture.
Yes, you can make it a few hours in advance. Just keep it chilled in the fridge until ready to serve.
Definitely! Feel free to experiment with vanilla extract, cinnamon, or even a splash of peppermint extract for a festive twist.
Hot Chocolate Whipped Cream
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup hot chocolate mix dry mix
- Optional: Place a mixing bowl into the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes before starting.
- Combine the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and hot cocoa mix into the mixing bowl. Whip at medium speed until soft peaks form.
- From here you have a few options. You can place the whipped hot chocolate into an airtight container and save for later, add onto warmed milk, or onto your morning coffee.