This easy Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate Recipe is filled with rich white chocolate and cinnamon flavors. Get the classic snickerdoodle cookie flavor with the added bonus of hot chocolate. The perfect belly warming treat.
This recipe is amazing all on it’s own, but you can take it to the next level by serving with Soft and Chewy Snickerdoodles, Snickerdoodle Blondies or my Snickerdoodle Cupcakes!
- Starbucks’s Copycat: Have you seen this floating around social media? The snickerdoodle hot chocolate from Starbucks? No need to pay top dollar when you can make it at home!
- Rich and Creamy: Using white chocolate in this warm drink recipe makes it extra rich and creamy.
- Perfect Balance of Spices: The perfect amount of cinnamon to chocolate.
I make a snickerdoodle latte every Sunday. It’s the perfect start to my day and gives me the caffeine boost I need to get moving. It’s the perfect sweet start, but also one that makes my teen a smidge jealous. He’s not a fan of coffee, but a BIG fan of the classic cookie flavor.
Enter this hot chocolate recipe. It’s rich, cream, and perfectly spiced with cookie flavor. He gives it two thumbs up and looks forward to our weekend brunch. Belly warming and a fun twist on a classic cocoa.
STARBUCKS COPYCAT SNICKERDOODLE HOT CHOCOLATE
The ingredient list is short, be sure to read through for substitutions and suggestions.
- White Chocolate: Here’s the skinny on white chocolates, you can definitely use chips. They melt just fine and give you that creamy flavor. However, I like to go a step above and buy a nicer variety. Ghirardelli is a good option that won’t break the bank. You can find these bars, and sometimes chips, in the baking or candy aisles of most grocery stores.
- Milk: I recommend using 2% milk or higher. Whole milk will give you the tastiest hot chocolate.
- Cinnamon and Nutmeg: These two spices are the winners that will give you that classic cookie flavor.
- Vanilla: Vanilla extract works as a flavor enhancer that brings everything together. However, it is an optional ingredient.
- Toppings: I live for mini marshmallows, but this would be equally delicious with whipped cream.
HOW TO MAKE A SNICKERDOODLE HOT CHOCOLATE
- PREP: Roughly chop the chocolate and place into a small pot or saucepan.
- SIMMER: Add the milk and spices. Bring the mixture to a light simmer, stirring the entire time to avoid burning, until the white chocolate has melted fully.
- SERVE: Divide between two cups and enjoy!
- Mugs: There are a million mug options out there, and you probably already have some favorites, but these glass mugs (affiliate) are a new fun addition to our collection. I love that you can see the drink as well as an insulated layer.
- Saucepan: Using a small saucepan (affiliate) can make an awesome addition to your kitchen. It’s not only helpful for warm drinks, but also small batch cooking and butter melting.
- Coffee Spoons: Necessary? No. Adorable? Yes! I actually give these small little drink spoons (affiliate) out in gift baskets often. Nothing is cuter than a set of mugs, spoons, and a hot cocoa mix.
I tested this recipe with several different white chocolate options. While white chocolate chips work ok, I suggest opting for a more quality chocolate like Ghirardelli. You can find this in the baking or candy aisle of most grocers.
Yes, but I suggest you try my Mexican hot chocolate if you want something a little darker. It’s full of the same great flavors but with the use of milk chocolate vs white.
Yes. To make this in the slow cooker, combine the ingredients in the crock pot. Set the heat setting to low and cook for 2-3 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
If you’re opting for ordering in person you can simply ask for a white hot chocolate with 2 pumps of cinnamon dolce syrup and 2 pumps of white chocolate mocha.
MORE MUST-TRY WARM DRINKS
Still Hungry? Follow One Sweet Appetite on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate
- 3 oz white chocolate chopped
- 1- 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Roughly chop the white chocolate and place in a small saucepan or pot.
- Add the milk, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Heat to a low simmer, stirring the entire time, until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Remove from the burner and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Divide between two cups and add your favorite toppings.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @1sweetappetite and follow pinterest for more!
Leave a Review!