This post was updated on by
Nutella Hot Chocolate Recipe
This rich and creamy Nutella Hot Chocolate is ready in under 5 minutes and made with just 3 ingredients! You will love this decadent drink recipe.
Truth– I have never been a Nutella fan. Ever. I avoid hazelnuts like the plague and do not particularly care for chocolate either (unless it is served in the form of brownies). Which is why I was pleasantly surprised that I love this recipe as much as I do.
Get ready to go crazy when I tell you that there are only THREE ingredients, all of which you most likely already have on hand!
Nutella Hot Chocolate Ingredients:
- Whole Milk
- Ground Cinnamon
Since this is a 3 ingredient recipe, it is super important to use quality ingredients. Go name brand (or a brand you find extra tasty). You will also want to use whole milk to get that extra creamy drink we all know and love.
How to make Nutella hot chocolate:
- Combine the milk and Nutella in a small saucepan.
- Heat to a simmer, whisking constantly, until frothy and warm.
- Stir in ground cinnamon and serve.
And voila! Rich and creamy cocoa ready to be sipped and slurped. If you want to get really crazy you can top things off with a little whipped cream and drizzle with warm Nutella.
While this recipe is made for two, I easily could drink both portions all on my own. I’m thinking it might even replace the spicy cocoa I usually enjoy!
Like this recipe? You will love my:
The BEST Nutella Hot Chocolate Recipe:
- 2 heaping tablespoons Nutella
- 1-1/3 cup whole milk
- dash of cinnamon, optional
- Whisk together the Nutella and milk in a small saucepan. Heat until warm and frothy making sure to watch closely to avoid burning.
- Top with a dash of cinnamon or whipped cream.
For richer flavor add an additional 1-2 tablespoons Nutella