These red velvet cake mix cookies are simple to make and require minimal ingredients (only 4 ingredients)! Perfect on their own or frosted with cream cheese frosting.
Red Velvet is not stranger here. I have made both cake and cupcake versions within the last year. When topped with a sweet and tangy cream cheese frosting they are undeniably the best.
The pair is like a match made in culinary heaven. The slight chocolate flavor of the cookie with the sweet and smooth frosting is irresistible. Which is why I am excited to add red velvet cookies to my list of recipes.
- 4-Ingredients: And most are pantry staples.
- Quick and Easy: Ready in under 20 minutes.
- Cake Mix Hack: This recipe all starts with a cake mix!
What You’ll Need:
Minimal ingredients. Little time. Almost no effort. My three favorite M’s. Below is a quick glance of what you will need. For a full list and measurements see the recipe card below.
- Cake mix
- Vanilla extract
Step by Step Instructions:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment and set aside.
- Combine all of the ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer. Stir until fully incorporated.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon drop heaping tablespoon portions onto your prepared sheets leaving 1-2 inches between each cookie. Bake 8 minutes.
Tips and FAQs:
These have been declared the “BEST cookie of all time!” My son requests them regularly and is thrilled when I make them. This is a great starter recipe if you have little ones that love to help in the kitchen!
- Use a cookie scoop (affiliate) to get even sizes.
- This recipe works with all cake mix flavors, not just red velvet.
- Store cookies in an air tight container or zip top bag for freshness.
- Red Velvet Whoopie Pies
- Easy Red Velvet Pancakes
- Perfect Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment and set aside.
- 2. Combine all of the ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer. Stir until fully incorporated.
- 3. Using a cookie scoop or spoon drop heaping tablespoon portions onto your prepared sheets leaving 1-2 inches between each cookie. Bake 8 minutes.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @1sweetappetite and follow pinterest for more!
Pin for later:
Still hungry? Follow One Sweet Appetite on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more great recipe ideas!
Comments & Reviews
Hosting Deutschland says
This recipe for Red Velvet Blondies is the perfect way to combine red velvet cake and blondie bars!