This recipe for blueberry waffles is perfect for breakfast or brunch! Made with fresh or frozen berries so you can enjoy all year long!
Homemade blueberry waffles are a staple in our home. They are a fun and sweet breakfast recipe that are loved by all. Especially when they have our favorite fruit mixed in!
- Crisp and Fluffy: An outside that is perfectly crisp and inside that is soft and fluffy. PERFECTION.
- Make Ahead: These waffles can be made in advance!
- Freezer Friendly: Freeze for up to 3 months.
What You’ll Need:
The secret to making blueberry waffles is simple, HAND MIX! I also suggest whipping the egg whites and folding them into the batter at the end. It helps add air and a delicious crispness to the finished product.
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
For a full list of ingredients and measurements see the recipe card below.
Step by Step Instructions:
Blueberry waffles are a quick and easy breakfast treat! And the instructions are fairly simple!
- Turn on your waffle iron and allow to preheat while preparing the batter.
- Whisk together the two flours, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine the milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla in a measuring cup. Stir until combined and slowly stir into your dry ingredients. Fold in your blueberries.
- Scoop your batter onto your waffle iron and cook according to the directions.
Tips and FAQs:
Can you use frozen berries in waffles?
Yes! In fact, we do this frequently. I do recommend taking them out of the freezer and allowing them to sit for a few minutes at room temperature. Toss them in flour before folding them into the batter to help keep them from falling to the bottom of your mix.
How to freeze blueberry waffles:
- Cook the waffles according to the recipe instructions and allow them to fully cool down.
- Place the waffles on a parchment paper–lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Put the baking sheet into the freezer until the waffles are fully frozen, for about 1 to 2 hours.
- Once the waffles are frozen, place them in a freezer-safe bag or container.
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Pancakes
- Homemade Blueberry Jam
- Our Favorite Blueberry Lemonade
- Blueberry Yogurt Drops
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2/3 cup milk (we used coconut milk)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries (thaw if frozen)
1. Turn on your waffle iron and allow to preheat while preparing the batter.
2. Whisk together the two flours, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
3. Combine the milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla in a measuring cup. Stir until combined and slowly stir into your dry ingredients. Fold in your blueberries.
4. Scoop your batter onto your waffle iron and cook according to the directions.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 668Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 160mgSodium: 871mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 20g
Calorie count provided by a 3rd party and is rough estimate.
Pin for later: