These Grilled Salmon Kabobs are super simple to make and full of flavor! You can cook them on the grill or bake them in the oven. Perfectly seasoned and a great summer grilling recipe.
- Easy: This recipe could not get any easier. If you can chop a vegetable, you can make these kabobs!
- Healthy: Salmon and veggies are such a great and healthy dinner idea.
- Perfect Beginner Grilling Recipe: These are practically no-fail and the perfect start of grilling season.
These salmon kabobs start with the most insanely delicious marinade. It’s full of flavor and adds such a wonderful flavor balance to the fish. Even my pickiest eater gets excited when I make this recipe every summer.
They cook so quickly, which means dinner will be on the table in under 30 minutes! That is a win for anyone looking for a quick weeknight meal.
SALMON KABOB INGREDIENTS
You really don’t need much for this grilled dinner. The list is short, but the flavor profiles blend beautifully. Here is what you will need to get started:
- Rosemary: Fresh rosemary is what sets this dish apart from others. It adds a subtle flavor that kicks things up a notch. However, dried can be used in a pinch. Be sure to adjust the amount accordingly.
- Olive Oil: We have also had success using avocado oil in this recipe.
- Garlic: Fresh is best. You can keep a head of garlic in the pantry for weeks without it going bad. I keep a few on hand for all of our cooking.
- Lemon Juice: Fresh lemon juice is preferred, however you can use jarred juice.
- Salt and Pepper: To taste. These are the only seasonings in the recipe, but I promise it is all you need.
- Salmon: Try to find somewhere that sells fresh-ish salmon. I know that isn’t available some places, but the quality will matter in the overall flavor.
- Zucchini and Bell Pepper: Or really, any vegetable you want.
HOW TO GRILL SALMON
I used an olive oil base and mixed in some lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper for some added flavor. The rosemary smelled amazing while everything was on the grill but I’m sure you could substitute it for dill. You can also swap out the veggies for any of your favorites. Zucchini happens to be in my fridge at all times. It’s simple to prepare and doesn’t take long to cook. Tomatoes or sweet onion would be a great compliment to the fish as well!
- PREP: Measure the ingredients, chop the vegetables, and cube the salmon.
- TOSS: Mix the rosemary, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Toss the salmon and veggies. Thread onto skewers.
- GRILL: Grill for roughly 5 minutes, turning regularly, until the salmon is cooked through.
- ENJOY: Serve and enjoy!
- Skewers: There are several different types of skewers you can use, but we really like to stick with bamboo skewers (affiliate). They are lightweight, take up minimal storage space, and work for many different recipes.
- Mixing Bowls: My current obsession are these nesting mixing bowls (affiliate). They stack nicely together, which means storage is a snap, and come with shredding attachments.
- Tongs: I can’t tell you how many burned fingers have been saved from my tongs (affiliate). I use them for everything!
TIPS AND FAQS
If you are using wooden skewers, it is important to remember to soak them in water before cooking to avoid burning. I soak mine for a minimum of 30 minutes. However, you can soak them overnight, which is better in the long run. The longer you soak them the longer they can stay on the grill.
For this recipe, I don’t recommend cooking longer than 10 minutes total. Ours are typically done cooking between 6 and 10 minutes.
Normally, no. You would not need to flip salmon. However, with kabobs I find that it is easier to turn them at least one time to keep an even sear.
Great question! If you keep leftovers stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator they will last up to 3-4 days.
MORE MUST-TRY GRILL RECIPES
Grilled Salmon Kabobs
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- juice of one lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb fresh salmon cubed
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow pepper
- or veggies of your choice
- Heat your grill to medium-high.
- Whisk together the rosemary, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Toss the salmon and vegetables in the dressing mixture.
- Build your kabobs layering your chosen veggies and the salmon.
- Cook on the grill 5 minutes on each side or until cooked to your desired doneness.