This post was updated on by
This Malibu Chicken Recipe is the perfect easy weeknight dinner! Chicken breast is dipped in butter, coated in Italian breadcrumbs, and topped with ham and Swiss cheese for a delicious and simple dinner idea!
Ya’ll. My husband LOVES this chicken.
My parents hop down to our neck of the woods occasionally and insist we visit Sizzler. It is one of my mom’s faves and she always orders the same thing.
My husband jumped on the bandwagon and has started doing the same. He says there is something delicious about the breaded baked chicken breast paired with the ham and Swiss cheese.
And let’s not even get started about the mustard dipping sauce… It is overall just an easy go-to weeknight dinner.
Malibu Chicken Recipe
How do you get crispy chicken in the oven?
THIS question is one that we have worked tirelessly to find the answer to. The one complaint about breaded baked chicken was always that it lacked a crisp exterior. Following the tips below you should be able to get a crisp exterior to your oven baked chicken!
- We have an oven safe cooling rack we sit in a foil lined baking tray.
- Give it a good mist of non-stick spray and set your chicken directly on top.
- Bake as directed, turning the chicken once halfway through.
So, what does the cooling rack accomplish exactly? When you have the height of a cooling rack, air circulates and the bottom of your chicken does not get soggy from absorbing steam. This keeps your chicken bottom from becoming overly saturated and wet.
The best part? Cooling racks are fairly inexpensive. That means you can have crispier chicken for minimal cost!
What is Malibu chicken?
Malibu chicken is a dish made incredibly popular by the restaurant chain Sizzler. It consists of a breaded and baked chicken breast, topped with a slice of ham and Swiss cheese, and served with a mustard dipping sauce.
How to make Baked Malibu Chicken:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with tin foil. Place an oven safe rack inside your tray on top of the cookie sheet. Set aside.
- Slice your chicken in half lengthwise giving you two thin chicken pieces.
- Whisk together the butter and 2 tablespoons of Dijon in a shallow bowl.
- Whisk together the Italian breadcrumbs and Parmesan in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dip your chicken into the butter mixture followed by the breadcrumbs. Make sure to coat evenly.
- Transfer to your prepared cookie sheet. Bake 30 minutes or until your chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Flip halfway through for even cooking.
- Top the chicken with a slice of ham followed by a slice of cheese. Bake an additional 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
We often make this chicken without the ham and cheese. It is a great quick dinner. The Dijon gives the chicken a burst of flavor. *Calorie count is based on chicken only. NOT the sauce. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
For the Chicken
For the dipping sauce
For the chicken
For the dipping sauce
Serving Size: 6 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 336
We often make this chicken without the ham and cheese. It is a great quick dinner. The Dijon gives the chicken a burst of flavor.
*Calorie count is based on chicken only. NOT the sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.