This snickerdoodle cake has a soft and buttery center and sweet cinnamon sugar coating. It is the perfect dessert recipe to help with your sweet cravings!
This cake. It is amazing.
You have a light and moist butter cake loaded with nutmeg goodness. Rolled in a cinnamon mixture right after baking makes it heavenly.
The addition of five eggs gives it a nice fluffy donut taste. That’s right… I said DONUT.
How to make Snickerdoodle Cake:
- Start by whipping one cup of butter with two cups of sugar. You really want this to get nice and fluffy, so let it whip for 5 minutes and be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Once you have got a light consistency it is time to add your eggs. Mix them in, one at a time, until they are fully incorporated. Follow with a little splash of vanilla.
- Shift together all of your dry ingredients.
- Add the dry in rotation with buttermilk to you egg mixture.
- I opted for a mini bundt cake pan but a cupcake tin would work as well. Fill and bake.
While your cake is still warm, roll in a cinnamon and sugar mixture. Let them cool slightly and serve!
This cake does not need any frosting.
However, if you are looking for a great topping you can always try one of my favorite frosting recipes:
Any of those options would taste phenomenal. We decided that this cake would be amazing in a baked donut pan as well. Just follow the recipe below but adjust the baking time as needed.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/4 cup buttermilk
- 8 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Spray a muffin tin or 2 mini bundt pans with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Shift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Whisk together 2 cups of sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla. Add the dry ingredients alternating with the buttermilk. Mix until fully incorporated. Divide between your prepared pan and cook for 20-30 minutes (baking time will vary depending on which pan you decide to use).
- Remove the cakes from the pan while they are hot. Brush with butter and roll in 1 cup of sugar mixed with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.