This snickerdoodle cake has a soft and buttery center and sweet cinnamon sugar coating. It is the perfect dessert recipe to help with your sweet cravings!
This cake. It is amazing.
You have a light and moist butter cake loaded with nutmeg goodness. Rolled in a cinnamon mixture right after baking makes it heavenly.
The addition of five eggs gives it a nice fluffy donut taste. That’s right… I said DONUT.
How to make Snickerdoodle Cake:
- Start by whipping one cup of butter with two cups of sugar. You really want this to get nice and fluffy, so let it whip for 5 minutes and be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Once you have got a light consistency it is time to add your eggs. Mix them in, one at a time, until they are fully incorporated. Follow with a little splash of vanilla.
- Shift together all of your dry ingredients.
- Add the dry in rotation with buttermilk to you egg mixture.
- I opted for a mini bundt cake pan but a cupcake tin would work as well. Fill and bake.
I earn a small commission from items purchased through the links above. This helps me keep my recipes free for you. I only share products I use in my own kitchen and love. These fourth of july cookies fall right at the top of the list.
Try my peaches and cream oats!
While your cake is still warm, roll in a cinnamon and sugar mixture. Let them cool slightly and serve!
This cake does not need any frosting.
However, if you are looking for a great topping you can always try one of my favorite frosting recipes:
Any of those options would taste phenomenal. We decided that this cake would be amazing in a baked donut pan as well. Just follow the recipe below but adjust the baking time as needed.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/4 cup buttermilk
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Spray a muffin tin or 2 mini bundt pans with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Shift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Whisk together 2 cups of sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla. Add the dry ingredients alternating with the buttermilk. Mix until fully incorporated. Divide between your prepared pan and cook for 20-30 minutes (baking time will vary depending on which pan you decide to use).
- Remove the cakes from the pan while they are hot. Brush with butter and roll in 1 cup of sugar mixed with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 mini bundt
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 576Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 142mgSodium: 667mgCarbohydrates: 79gFiber: 1gSugar: 54gProtein: 9g