These Raspberry Meringue Cookies are a light and sweet alternative to your typical chocolate chip! Made with whipped egg whites, powdered sugar, and cream of tartar!
There is nothing better than a simple 5 ingredient dessert recipe.
This Meringue Cookie Recipe gives you a light, airy, and perfect treat for your cookie tray! They taste a bit like cotton candy, which I feel is always acceptable.
Family approved, and one of our favorites
- Minimal Ingredients: This is a 5-Ingredient Dessert Recipe.
- Dairy Free– No dairy in this cookie recipe.
- Gluten Free– Always remember to read the labels of the ingredients you use carefully to ensure dairy and gluten free.
What You’ll Need:
There are only a handful of ingredients you need to make this treat. For a full list and measurements see the recipe card below.
- Cream of Tartar
- Powdered Sugar
- Extract- Pick the flavor you want and roll with it.
- Food Coloring, optional
Step by Step Instructions:
While these cookies are super easy to make, they can be a little finicky. You want the end result to be a light, slightly dry, baked cookie. Follow the steps below to ensure the perfect meringue cookie every time!
- Start with room temperature eggs.
- Separate the eggs and beat until just foamy. Whisk in the cream of tartar and sugar.
- Fold in the extract and food coloring if using.
- Pipe onto a prepared baking tray and place in a preheated oven.
- Turn OFF the oven and leave your cookies in overnight.
Tips and FAQs:
- I found that a hand mixer (affiliate) works best with this recipe.
- Start with ROOM TEMPERATURE INGREDIENTS. I can’t stress this enough.
- Use disposable piping bags (affiliate) for easy clean up.
- I used a 1M Piping Tip (affiliate) to create my design
Why are my meringue cookies chewy?
Meringue cookies can soak up extra moisture. Following the directions closely and leaving them in the oven overnight is critical in achieving the perfect texture.
How do you store meringue cookies?
Use a quality air tight container (affiliate) away from moisture. If stored properly the cookies should last two weeks.
I earn a small commission from items purchased through the links above. This helps me keep my recipes free for you. I only share products I use in my own kitchen and love.
- Valentine Sugar Cookies
- Copycat Circus Cookies
- Strawberry Shortbread Cookies
- 5-Ingredient Red Velvet Cookies
- Red Velvet Whoopie Pies
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon raspberry extract
- food coloring, optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking trays with parchment and set aside.
- Whisk your egg whites until foamy. Stir in the cream of tartar and beat until it just starts to look foamy. Slowly mix in half of the sugar. Once combined you can add the extract and food color if using. Whip in the remaining sugar until incorporated and glossy.
- Pipe your meringues into 2 inch circles or your desired shape. Place into the oven. Turn the oven off and allow them to sit overnight.
- Dip in chocolate if you prefer and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 2 cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 27Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 9mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
]Pin for later: