Breakfast sandwiches are high on our favorite day starters. Truth is my seven year old has voted (on more than one occasion) that my husband knocks the easy recipe out of the park while mine are slightly less appealing. I have to agree. I don’t know what it is that he does differently but they always taste just a little bit better. Maybe it’s because I’m not the one doing the cooking?
I never even considered making these for a crowd, but when we went on a camping trip my in-laws informed me it was one of their favorites to whip up. They are quick, super simple, and easy to alter to fit everyone’s tastes. To help make things run smooth and take off some of the stress you can do one of two things:
- Make them before you leave. We’ve done this with my breakfast burrito recipe for years so it only made sense that we’d give it a try with sandwiches. Just individually wrap each in foil and toss into a Ziploc. Freeze until you’re ready to eat and heat on a grill or over warm coals.
- Pre-slice all of your bread and cook all of your meats before you leave. Keep them stored in a cooler (making sure to keep at the right temperature) so you’re ready to go when everyone gets hungry.
- Large eggs
- sliced cheese, flavor of your choice
- breakfast meat (like bacon, ham, or sausage cooked)
- Bread, bagels, or croissants
- portable grill or over the fire grill
- Crack the eggs onto your cooking surface and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes and flip.
- Place one slice of cheese on each egg and allow to melt while it finishes cooking on the second side.
- Place your chosen meat onto the grill to heat up. Feel free to toast your bread as well.
- Build your sandwich and serve.
PS, you might like…
This post may contain affiliate links. I include these links to help you find specific products that are used in my recipes. If you purchase an item from the link on One Sweet Appetite, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you.
One Sweet Appetite is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com4