This post was updated on by
Start your morning with a hearty and filling meal! This camping breakfast sandwich is ridiculously easy and can be made before you leave!
Breakfast sandwiches are high on our favorite breakfast recipe. Truth is my seven year old has voted (on more than one occasion) that my husband knocks the easy recipe out of the park, while mine are slightly less appealing.
I have to agree.
I don’t know what it is that he does differently but they always taste just a little bit better. Maybe it is because I am not the one doing the cooking? Either way, this super simple meal wins as our #1 favorite camping breakfast recipe!
Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwich
What is a good breakfast for camping?
We always like to start our day with something hearty and filling. You tend to be more active while camping so it tends to reason that a good filling meal will fuel your day! Here are a few of our favorite camping breakfast recipes:
Meal prep tips to follow before you leave on a camping trip:
While we love to fill our belly with tasty food, I don’t plan on spending all of my time cooking. Some of the best tips I have learned to help make our camping trip easy and worry free are:
- Chop, slice, and dice all of your ingredients in advance. This is incredibly handy with this recipe.
- Cook anything you can before you leave. Make ahead meals are fantastic. Take full advantage of them!
- Tin foil is your best friend. Not only can you cook most of your meals in it, but it serves as a plate and makes clean up a breeze!
How do you freeze breakfast sandwiches?
This is one of my favorite tips, and something I tell everyone to do! Make these ahead camping meals are a GAME CHANGER!
There are two ways you can freeze these sandwiches.
If you plan on eating these while camping:
- You will want to make and assemble the sandwiches.
- Wrap each sandwich individually in heavy duty foil.
- When you are ready to eat just heat them through on a grill or coals, making sure to turn frequently.
If you plan to eat them at home:
- Make and assemble your sandwiches.
- Wrap each individually in plastic wrap and place in a labeled zip top bag.
- When you are ready to eat remove the plastic wrap, wrap in a damp paper towel, and microwave for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
To make at the campsite:
Make ahead :