This delicious Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast is brought to you by Harmons.
When the cute little waitress dropped our plates off I cut into the soft cream cheese filled treat and the next thing I knew my entire plate was clean. There are NO words to describe how unbelievable that french toast was. I knew that one day I would need to recreate it and, lucky for you, that day is today!
This French toast is the perfect recipe for Easter brunch but the secret is in the fresh ingredients. I headed into the Harmons bakery and after a quick chat with the cute girl behind the counter decided that their White Chocolate Pecan Bread was the base that I needed. It is a dense and crusty bread interwoven with fresh pecans and white chocolate chips… Need I say more? My only hesitation was that my little guy isn’t a super big fan of any type of nut so I also grabbed a loaf of Challah bread. That fluffy texture and sweet sugary taste is ideal for my plans plus those braids are gorgeous. >insert heart emoji face here<
Along with the bread I snagged some cream cheese, whipped cream, and fresh strawberries. Lucky for me strawberries were on sale 2 for $5! Woot!
The next morning I used the strawberries to create a quick and simple syrup, whipped the cream cheese with a tiny bit of sugar, and grilled a sweet sandwich dipped in an egg mixture until it’s golden perfection.
- 1-1/2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1-1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup warm water
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 loaf of your favorite bread, sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- zest from 1 orange, optional
- Whipped cream, optional
- Combine the strawberries and 1/2 cup sugar in a medium saucepan. Stir and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Heat over medium heat until warm.
- In a small bowl whisk the cornstarch and water. Stir into your strawberry mixture and bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook until just thickened. Remove from heat and set aside for later.
- Add the cream cheese, vanilla extract, and 1 cup of sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Whisk for 5 minutes or until fluffy making sure to scrape the sides once for even mixing. Spread a heaping spoonful between two slices of bread.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, honey, and orange zest. Dip both sides of your sandwiched bread in the egg mixture and transfer to a heated skillet. Cook until golden on both sides.
- Serve with the strawberry sauce and fresh whipped cream.
One Sweet Appetite is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com