Banana French Toast. Thick sliced bread is dipped in a mixture of overripe bananas, eggs, heavy cream, cinnamon, and vanilla for the perfect breakfast recipe.
Breakfast- The most important meal of the day. Which is why it is number one on our favorite list.
My nine year old wakes up every single day looking forward to the meal. Which means I need to make sure he gets something extra special in his belly. Enter this:
This French toast is one of my favorite breakfast recipes. It is super simple to make, calls for minimal ingredients, and is incredibly delicious. Overripe bananas add a slight sweetness while cinnamon adds a hint of spice. You will love the flavor combination and this recipe will quickly become a go-to breakfast your entire family will love.
Looking for an overnight French toast? Try this recipe!
- Minimal Ingredients: Less than 10 ingredients in this super simple mashed banana French toast.
- Freezer Friendly: Cook and cool the French toast. Freeze in zip top bags for later.
- Easy to Customize: Play with the spices or type of bread you use for an entirely new flavor.
What You’ll Need:
Ever have a bunch of bananas sitting on the counter and wonder what to do? My go-to is normally banana bread, but lately I have been searching for more creative ways to use them. THIS French toast recipe is the perfect way to add a bit of sweetness and flavor to a classic. Bonus? All of the ingredients are pantry staples which means you most likely already have everything you need to make this easy recipe!
- Heavy cream
- Ripe bananas
- Thick sliced bread
Step By Step Instructions:
- Whisk the eggs, cream, honey, banana, vanilla, and cinnamon in a small bowl that is wide enough to dip your bread. Set aside.
- Melt a little butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Dip the bread into your egg mixture and place in your skillet. Cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Looking for a freezer friendly version? Make these into french toast sticks!
Tips Perfect French Toast:
- Use day old bread. We lay thick slices of bread out on a tray overnight. The dried bread soaks up more of the custard before cooking.
- Use really ripe bananas. Brown bananas are sweet and add a bold flavor.
- Use different breads for an entirely new flavor.
Like this recipe? You will love my:
- The BEST Banana Bread
- Banana Bread Granola
- Flavor Packed Banana Bread Waffles
- Baked French Toast Sticks
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup ripe bananas, smashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 slices thick sliced bread
- Whisk the eggs, cream, honey, banana, vanilla, and cinnamon in a shallow bowl that is wide enough to dip your bread. Set aside.
- Melt a teaspoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Dip one slice of the bread into your egg mixture, turning to fully coat each side.
- Place in the heated skillet. Cook until both sides are golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Repeat with the remaining bread slices. Serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 351Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 173mgSodium: 366mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 11g
Oh, and did I mention that it’s National French Toast day?? I’m super excited to share some of these amazing recipes from my Food Blogger friends! This list is A-MAZ-ING so be ready to stop some serious stomach pangs.