This post was updated on by
Pot pie turned into soup! This chicken pot pie soup is easy to make and the ultimate comfort food. Serve with pie crust chips or homemade biscuits for a delicious easy dinner.
I am falling in love with soups. There is something so comforting about a belly full of warm broth and hearty filling ingredients.
Especially when those ingredients resemble classic chicken pot pie. This soup takes all of the wonderful things about that comforting dish and turns it into soup form! Chicken, vegetables, broth… All combine to give you one incredibly easy and delicious dinner! Did I mention it also comes together quickly which makes it a great go-to weeknight dinner!
Easy Chicken Soup with Pie Crust Chips
Ingredients for easy chicken soup:
- Poultry seasoning
- Chicken broth
- Half and half
- Shredded or diced chicken
- Frozen vegetables
- Pie crust
When it comes to soup, I always feel like the easier the better and that is exactly how this one is. I used leftover chicken (like a rotisserie) and veggies to add flavor, but the real star of the show are the pie crust chips!
I took a homemade pie crust and rolled it out on to a baking tray. A few pricks of a fork, sprinkle of salt, and 10 minutes of baking later I had the most amazing layers of crisp pie goodness. You can also opt for a less time consuming version by purchasing a pre-made dough. Either way you will be glad you added this little special touch. Break them apart and get dipping!
How to make pie crust chips:
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Lay your pie crust on a parchment lined baking tray.
- Prick with a fork, sprinkle with salt and bake 10 minutes.
- Break into pieces and serve with the soup.
How to make hearty pot pie soup:
- Heat the butter in a large pot until melted. Add the onions and celery and cook until soft, 2-3 minutes. Stir in the salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning.
- Pour 3 cups of the broth into the veggies.
- Whisk together the remaining 1 cup of broth with the cornstarch. Stir into the veggie mixture along with the half & half, chicken, and veggies. Bring to a simmer and cook 20 minutes.
This recipe, like so many others on my site, is very user friendly and adaptable. Add in some carrots, potatoes, or any other veggie of choice (try picking up a bag of frozen peas and carrots) for a new twist and enjoy this NEW way to serve a classic.
Like this recipe? You will love my: