Inspired by the classic street cart food, this cilantro lime skewers recipe is a delicious way to grill chicken! Made with fresh lime juice, cilantro, and a touch of honey for a family approved dinner recipe.
Summer is here which means it is time to dust off the grill. I don’t know about you but we have been counting down the days until we can get working on some new street food inspired dishes. These skewers are a-maz-ing and so simple to whip up. With just a few fresh ingredients, and Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil, you have a grill ready recipe that is sure to be a family favorite!
Cilantro can be a bit of an overwhelming flavor which had me a little nervous. I wanted just a subtle hint of the flavor not a big explosion of cilantro that ends up taking over the entire dish. Luckily, the lime paired with the honey was just what I needed to tone things down.
I started by combining those three ingredients with a hefty drizzle of oil in a large ziplock bag. Add your chicken strips and let everything blend together for an hour or two. Give your grill top a nice spritz of Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Non-stick Cooking Spray and you’re ready to get cooking! Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray is an innovative cooking spray that utilizes a powerful pouch system without the use of propellants or other artificial additives to dispense the oil. Perfect for sautéing, sauces and stir frying, the delicate flavor of Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil is fruity and aromatic with apple notes and a sweet almond aftertaste. The extra virgin olive oil is well balanced by a hint of spiciness.
Looking for something a little more traditional that’s packed with veggies? Try my Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs!
Like this recipe? You will love my
How to make perfect street cart chicken skewers:
- Slice your chicken breast in half length wise. Pound each piece thin to get that street food flavor you know and love.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 2-4 hours before adding your meat. This keeps them from burning on the grill.
- Remember, it’s the perfect way to sneak in veggies! Add your favorite vegetables to the skewers with the chicken for a complete meal.
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, Chopped
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large container or Ziploc bag. Allow to chill 1-4 hours.
- Preheat your grill on medium high heat.
- String your chicken onto prepared skewer sticks. Pat dry with a paper towel and spray with Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray.
- Lightly spray or brush oil onto your grill grates. Place chicken skewers on the grill. Grill for a few minutes on each side until cooked through.