This Frozen Butterbeer Recipe will transport you straight to the Three Broomsticks! Inspired by the frozen drink in Harry Potter!
A few years ago we planned a trip to Harry Potter World. I can honestly say, it was the best family trip we have ever taken. All of us agreed, and that is really saying something since my husband is not a fan of the Potter series.
Of course, while we were there we had to drink about a million butterbeer. The frozen version was by far our favorite.
This homemade version tastes so similar to the one we had in the park! It was like taking a trip down memory lane with every sip. Butterscotch sauce is blended with vanilla bean ice cream and topped with a little cream soda. The flavor is unbeatable!
Frozen Butterbeer Ingredients:
We have tried a dozen different versions of this recipe. This one was honestly perfect and super simple. The ingredient list is short and the flavor is bold.
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream- I recommend using a high quality ice cream, like Tillamook.
- Butterscotch Syrup– I have a great homemade version, or you can find this by the ice cream in the grocery store.
- Cream Soda- One bottle is what you will need. Preferably chilled.
- Ice- See the note below.
- Whipped Cream- Optional, but super fun to top the drink with!
Tips for this recipe:
- Chill all of the ingredients. Having cold soda and syrup will make this get to the perfect frosty consistency.
- In fact, chill your glasses too! Not required, but it adds a great finishing touch.
- Try making your own butterscotch syrup. I have a recipe on my site. It can make all the difference.
- Instead of using ice, freeze cream soda in an ice cube tray.
I earn a small commission from items purchased through the links above. This helps me keep my recipes free for you. I only share products I use in my own kitchen and love. These fourth of july cookies fall right at the top of the list.
Try my peaches and cream oats!
How to make Harry Potter Butterbeer:
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until milk shake consistency.
- Divide between two glasses, top with whipped cream and a drizzle of butterscotch sauce, and enjoy!
More Harry Potter Ideas:
- DIY Harry Potter Photo Booth
- Simple Harry Potter Party Ideas
- Harry Potter Felt Ties
- Harry Potter Halloween
- Witches Brew Punch
More Butterbeer Recipes:
More Frozen Treats
- 2 cups vanilla bean ice cream
- 3 tablespoons butterscotch syrup
- 3/4 cup cream soda, chilled
- 1/4 cup cream soda ice*
- whipped cream + additional syrup for serving
1. Place all of the ingredients into a blender.
2. Blend 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until milk shake consistency.
3. Divide between two glasses, top with whipped cream and a drizzle of butterscotch sauce, and enjoy!
*Freeze cream soda in ice cube trays for the best result or substitute with ice.
Pin for later: