This Frozen Butterbeer Recipe will transport you straight to the Three Broomsticks! Inspired by the frozen drink in Harry Potter!
A few years ago we planned a trip to Harry Potter World. I can honestly say, it was the best family trip we have ever taken. All of us agreed, and that is really saying something since my husband is not a fan of the Potter series.
Of course, while we were there we had to drink about a million butterbeer. The frozen version was by far our favorite.
This homemade version tastes so similar to the one we had in the park! It was like taking a trip down memory lane with every sip. Butterscotch sauce is blended with vanilla bean ice cream and topped with a little cream soda. The flavor is unbeatable!
Frozen Butterbeer Ingredients:
We have tried a dozen different versions of this recipe. This one was honestly perfect and super simple. The ingredient list is short and the flavor is bold.
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream- I recommend using a high quality ice cream, like Tillamook.
- Butterscotch Syrup- I have a great homemade version, or you can find this by the ice cream in the grocery store.
- Cream Soda- One bottle is what you will need. Preferably chilled.
- Ice- See the note below.
- Whipped Cream- Optional, but super fun to top the drink with!
Tips for this recipe:
- Chill all of the ingredients. Having cold soda and syrup will make this get to the perfect frosty consistency.
- In fact, chill your glasses too! Not required, but it adds a great finishing touch.
- Try making your own butterscotch syrup. I have a recipe on my site. It can make all the difference.
- Instead of using ice, freeze cream soda in an ice cube tray.
I earn a small commission from items purchased through the links above. This helps me keep my recipes free for you. I only share products I use in my own kitchen and love.
How to make Harry Potter Butterbeer:
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until milk shake consistency.
- Divide between two glasses, top with whipped cream and a drizzle of butterscotch sauce, and enjoy!
More Harry Potter Ideas:
- DIY Harry Potter Photo Booth
- Simple Harry Potter Party Ideas
- Harry Potter Felt Ties
- Harry Potter Halloween
More Butterbeer Recipes:
- 2 cups vanilla bean ice cream
- 3 tablespoons butterscotch syrup
- 3/4 cup cream soda, chilled
- 1/4 cup cream soda ice*
- whipped cream + additional syrup for serving
1. Place all of the ingredients into a blender.
2. Blend 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until milk shake consistency.
3. Divide between two glasses, top with whipped cream and a drizzle of butterscotch sauce, and enjoy!
*Freeze cream soda in ice cube trays for the best result or substitute with ice.
Pin for later: