Have you missed me? I promise that after this month there won’t be too many more times you don’t see a new and delicious recipe. This chocolate mint brownie brittle is is a little taste of what is to come, and oh my heavens is it divine!
This recipe is sort of a combination of two ideas. A few years back I got to sample some brownie brittle and it was life changing. The crunchy bits of chocolate were the perfect treat and oh so easy to eat an entire bag all on my own. Sadly, after my sample bag was gone I pushed the idea out of my mind. Last month my in-laws presented me with the idea of recreating the treat after they tasted some on a flight home. How could I resist?
But I did make one big change. In honor of St Patrick’s day I decided that there needed to be some green involved. What better flavor combination than mint and chocolate?! It’s like a thin mint mixed with a brownie and candy bar all in one. Absolutely delicious.
You have two ways to go about this… I like to use my best brownie recipe but you could always try using just a regular ol’ brownie mix. Either one will work beautifully and produce great results. Stir in a dash of mint extract and sprinkle in some mini chocolate chips for extra goodness.
- 1 box brownie mix and listed ingredients OR 1 batch of your favorite brownie batter
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment or a silicone mat. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir the mint extract into your prepared brownie batter. Spread onto you cookie sheet until it is thinned about 1/4 inch. You want to make sure that the batter is spread fairly even to avoid burning.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and bake for 15-20 minutes. Make sure you turn the pan halfway through for even baking. Keep a close eye on the dish to avoid over cooking.
- Cool completely and break apart by hand.