This super simple no-churn strawberry ice cream is the perfect summer recipe. The best part? No ice cream machine needed!
I am addicted to making no-churn recipes. Ice cream is a family favorite, or at least it is with my 11 year old, which means we are constantly making new versions.
This strawberry ice cream is smooth, creamy, and filled with fresh strawberry flavor. I absolutely adore that you do not need an ice cream maker!
My 11 year old, a self proclaimed ice cream expert, was none the wiser. And he is the pickest of picky! So, if you have not tried making your very own no-churn ice cream, I suggest you give this recipe a try today!
Strawberry No-Churn Ice Cream Ingredients:
One thing with this recipe is that it is super simple and requires minimal ingredients. Like, only 5.
- Fresh Strawberries- Try to pick ripe berries to get the best flavor. It is ok for them to be slightly less sweet. We will address that later on in the recipe description.
- Sugar- Just a touch of granulated sugar. This is to help sweeten the berries IF it is needed.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk gives you the base for the ice cream.
- Heavy Cream- THIS is the secret ingredient. Cream is whipped to stiff peaks and gently folded into the sweetened milk. The added air gives you the super light and creamy texture.
- Vanilla Extract- Always use pure vanilla and not imitation.
How to make No-Churn Ice Cream with Strawberries:
- Wash and chop strawberries into small pieces until you get 1 cup. Sprinkle with sugar, stir, and set aside.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the vanilla extract and strawberry mixture until fully incorporated. Set aside.
- 2. Whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into the milk mixture until combined.
- 3. Transfer to an air tight container. Freeze overnight, or at least 8 hours.
- 4. Serve with your favorite ice cream toppings or as is!
What is no-churn ice cream?
This is not the first no churn ice cream recipes I have on my website. No churn is simple to make and the flavors are endless. But what exactly is no churn ice cream?
A quick explanation would be that no churn is ice cream made without the need of an ice cream machine. It uses minimal ingredients and comes together quickly. the end result is a creamy dish ready to be scooped into cones or bowls.
Helpful tools for this recipe:
This recipe is super simple, but I have included a list of helpful kitchen items that will make the process even smoother!
- Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer- Whipping cream is no joke. If you lack arm muscles, this can be incredibly handy!
- Airtight containers– You want something sturdy that will also be freezer safe and keep your ice cream from getting freezer burn.
- Silicone Spatulas– I kid you not, this is the most used kitchen item I own. They work for everything and are heat safe!
I earn a small commission from sales to the above items. This helps me keep my recipes free for you. I only link to products I use and love.
More Strawberry Recipes:
- Strawberry Whipped Cream
- Easy Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Five Minute Strawberry Dessert
- Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast
More No-Churn Ice Cream Recipes:
- Cookies and Cream
- Chocolate Fudge Swirl
- Easy Chocolate Mint
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Easy Berry Sorbet
No-Churn Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1. Wash and chop strawberries into small pieces until you get 1 cup. Sprinkle with sugar, stir, and set aside.
- 2. Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the vanilla extract and strawberry mixture until fully incorporated. Set aside.
- 3. Whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into the milk mixture until combined.
- 4. Transfer to an air tight container. Freeze overnight, or at least 8 hours.
- 5. Serve with your favorite ice cream toppings or as is!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @1sweetappetite and follow pinterest for more!
Still hungry? Follow One Sweet Appetite on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more great recipe ideas!
Leave a Review!