Quench your thirst with this Mojito Limeade Recipe! This refreshing blend of mint, lime, and sweetness will transport your taste buds to a tropical paradise. Get ready to elevate your summer sipping game and make waves at your next gathering. Cheers to a sip-worthy adventure!
This post includes a recipe for alcohol. Drink responsibly. One Sweet Appetite and it’s authors are not responsible for the actions of our readers should they choose to make this recipe and consume it. Please drink responsibly.
Why You’ll Love This Mojito
- Fresh: This is the perfect drink for summer! Refreshing with a kick.
- Customizable: While a traditional mojito calls for rum, this is delicious using vodka or tequila!
- Party Worthy: Serve these at your next party or gathering for a crowd pleasing cocktail!
Get ready to cheer “sip-sip-hooray” for your new favorite cocktail recipe! This mojito could not be easier to make. You get a little sweet thanks to the mint with a delightful tang of citrusy lime. A winning combination that has been tested over a dozen times in our home! We love to serve these at parties and gatherings and it is always met with rave reviews.
It also happens to be a super customizable beverage! Try topping with a little club soda for a fizzy finish, mix in fresh berries for some color, or adjust your spirits for an entirely new take on this classic!
Mojito Limeade Ingredients
So, what exactly do you need to make a mojito? Turns out, not much! This recipe uses fairly simple ingredients and gives you the most refreshing cocktail. Here is what you need to get started:
- Simple Syrup: I make my own by mixing equal parts sugar and water and simmering for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the sugar dissolves. However, you can purchase this pre made in most stores.
- Limes: There is no exaggeration when I say that we are going to use every. single. part. of this fruit. Zest, wedges, and juice are all a part of the mix.
- Mint: Did you know mint is technically a weed? If you plant it in your garden it will thrive and you’ll have fresh mint all year long. Just be sure to keep it in a pot so it doesn’t try to squeeze in with your other plants.
- Rum: The classic drink calls for rum, but like I mentioned above, I really enjoy this with tequila or vodka.
- Club Soda: Just a touch of fizzy to help finish things off. You can also use lemon lime soda if you’d like a little extra sweetness.
How To Make A Mojito With Limeade
- SIMPLE SYRUP: Stir together 2 cups of water with 2 cups of sugar inside a pot. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2-5 minutes, or until the sugar has dissolved.
- CHILL: Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the lime zest with 1/2 cup mint leaves. Cool to room temperature, strain, and refrigerate.
- MUDDLE: Place the lime wedges into the bottom of a large pitcher with the remaining mint leaves. Gently muddle, or press, with the bottom of a wooden spoon to release some of the lime juice and mint flavor.
- STIR: Add 1 cup of the mint syrup, the rum, and lime juice. Stir well.
- SERVE: Top with club soda and enjoy!
- Cocktail Glasses: I’m a fan of 11oz glasses (affiliate) with fancy designs. This set is my go-to because it is beautiful and used almost daily, even for non-alcoholic options.
- Muddler: I’m a fan of muddlers (affiliate). However, I’ve lost mine countless times and found a spoon or the back of a shot glass will work just as well.
- Pitcher: Making this for a crowd? Serve in a cocktail pitcher (affiliate)!
Yes! This recipe is incredibly simple to make non-alcoholic. I have all of the details in this post to help you make a delicious mint limeade recipe.
Adjusting the sweetness of your mojito limeade is easy! Simply add more or less sweetener, such as simple syrup or sugar, based on your preference. Start with the recommended amount and gradually adjust to find the perfect balance of sweetness. Remember, you can always add more sweetener, but it’s harder to reduce it once it’s added. Tweak until it suits your taste buds and enjoy your customized mojito limeade!
When it comes to selecting the perfect mint for your mojito limeade, spearmint is the go-to choice. Its vibrant and refreshing flavor pairs exceptionally well with the zesty lime and sweetness in the drink.
Yes. Prepare all of the drink up until the club soda. Keep stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Add club soda just before serving.
Of course! I love to add mixed berries during the muddling process to make this a berry mojito.
Easy Mojito Limeade
Lime Simple Syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 limes zested
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 limes cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 liter white rum
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- Club soda
Lime Simple Syrup
- Stir together 2 cups of water with 2 cups of sugar inside a pot. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2-5 minutes, or until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the lime zest with 1/2 cup mint leaves. Cool to room temperature, strain, and refrigerate.
- Place the lime wedges into the bottom of a large pitcher with the remaining mint leaves. Gently muddle, or press, with the bottom of a wooden spoon to release some of the lime juice and mint flavor.
- Add 1 cup of the mint syrup, the rum, and lime juice. Stir well.
- Top with club soda and enjoy!