This easy camping sangria recipe is made in a mason jar! Fresh fruit, vodka, and wine combing giving you a perfect camping cocktail!
One of the most popular categories on my website is camping recipes. You guys love them and I love giving you what you want.
So when someone requested a camping cocktail, I couldn’t help but provide.
THIS boozy camping drinks is amazing. It has fresh fruit, vodka, wine, and is oh-so-tasty. You make it before you leave for your trip and it tastes better with time! Double or triple the recipe if you plan on more than 2 people or a long weekend.
The recipe makes 4 single serve sangria cups in mason jars, which is perfect for on the go. It also makes a beautiful display or party drink recipe! Fill a large ice bucket and set the fruit filled jars on top. Perfect for birthday parties, bridal showers, or any celebration!
What is sangria?
Sangria is a Spanish alcoholic punch. You traditionally see it made with red wine, fresh fruit, and brandy. The mixture is sweetened with simple syrup and sits overnight to blend the flavors.
Since I am not much of a brandy lover, I opted for a moscato wine and vodka. The beauty with sangria is you can really customize it to any flavor or taste. I like mine on the sweet side with a slight tang. I followed the same concept and made my sangria the day before we planned to drink it. Letting it sit in the refrigerator overnight, blending the flavors to perfection.
How to make mason jar sangria:
- Fill 4 mason jars with fresh or frozen fruit. For this recipe we used peaches, raspberries, and blueberries.
- Top each of with 1 shot of vodka and wine.
- Stir in sugar, a dash of lemonade concentrate and nectar.
- Screw on the lid, give it a quick shake, and let the jars sit in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
- Top off with chilled club soda and enjoy!
I do suggest using a better vodka. This recipe is super delicious and easy to drink too fast. Splurging for a better alcohol will help avoid that nasty next day hangover.
What do you soak fruit in for sangria?
This sangria recipe soaks the fruit in vodka, wine, lemonade concentrate, and fruit nectar. All of those flavors blend together overnight creating a slightly sweet drink that is ready for chilled club soda!
What is the best fruit for sangria?
The beauty about this cocktail recipe is that it is extremely versatile. No need to limit yourself with the fruit you add. Here are a few of our favorite sangria fruit mix-ins:
How long do you let the fruit sit in sangria?
Fruit can be soaked in sangria for up to three days. I would suggest finishing your drink by the end of the third day. While wine will typically stay good longer, the fresh fruit will start to go sour sooner.
Can you eat the fruit in sangria?
Yes! You can eat the fruit in sangria. The soaked alcohol could adjust the flavor slightly but the fruit is totally fine to eat! I have even heard it serves as a daily fruit serving, but don’t quote me on that.
The best way to store sangria for camping:
Ok, ya’ll. This is super important. While mason jars are so beautiful and fun, they aren’t super practical when camping. The last thing you want to do is drop that glass and have it shatter all over the place. Here are a few other options:
- Glass mason jars. If you can be careful, and don’t plan on getting too crazy, go with the classic glass mason jar.
- Plastic Mason Jars. Still adorable but less likely to break if dropped.
- Travel tumblers. Another adorable option that can be reused over and over!
Like this recipe? You will love my:
- 3 cups fruit*
- 3/4 cup vodka
- 1/2 can peach nectar
- 1/2 cup lemonade concentrate
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 bottle moscato wine
- 2 cups club soda
- 4 pint sized mason jars
- Divide your fruit into your mason jars.
- Add 1.5 oz each vodka, nectar, and lemonade concentrate to each jar.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon sugar into each jar.
- Top with 1/2 cup wine. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Serve topped with chilled club soda.
For this recipe we use frozen or fresh peaches, raspberries, and blueberries.