This simple to make blackberry lemonade is the perfect drink recipe for spring and summer! Refreshing and loved by all.
This blackberry lemonade was an accident. Kind of. Well, unplanned is probably a better word for it.
Blackberries were on sale at our grocery store and I just could not help myself. The big problem? No one else in my family, besides myself, like blackberries… And I now had a massive container, I’m talking four cups, in my refrigerator ready to be eaten.
I racked my brain trying to think of ways to use them (oatmeal has to be one of my all-time faves) and decided that maybe a lemonade wouldn’t be terrible.
I was so right. This lemonade is so high on our favorites list and a summer staple. It is quick, easy, and delicious.
Homemade Blackberry Lemonade Ingredients:
- Sugar- White sugar, or granulated, is best for this recipe. You can find it in the baking aisle of most local grocers.
- Water- Regular ol’ H2O
- Lemon Juice- Always, always, always opt for fresh squeezed! The time you spend hand squeezing is so worth it. But, in a pinch, it is ok to use pre squeezed or canned.
- Blackberries- Fresh or frozen work with this recipe! If you do use frozen be sure to thaw before adding to this drink recipe.
Squeezing lemons is not really my favorite way to pass the time, but fresh squeezed is the only way we like to make this tart refreshing drink.
I also decided that instead of just tossing the berries in I wanted to puree them and shift through a little cheesecloth to avoid the seeds. That sounds like a lot of work but all together it only took me about 20 minutes to get this made and into the fridge to cool. However, that step is completely optional.
How to make lemonade with blackberries:
- Start by making a simple syrup by combining the sugar with one cup of water into a medium saucepan. Cook until the sugar has dissolved completely. Stir in the remaining water and lemon juice.
- Puree the berries in a blender or food processor. Add to your lemonade mixture. If you don’t mind the seeds you can drink up, but if you are like me and want a cleaner look simply pour the lemonade through some cheesecloth and into a pitcher.
Serve with some extra slices of lemons and a few blackberries and you are all set. I think the color is stunning and the drink is so refreshing. Not too much blackberry flavor and just the right amount of lemon. What’s your favorite way to cool down on a hot summer day?
More Lemonade Recipes:
More Blackberry Recipes:
1. Start by making a simple syrup by combining the sugar with one cup of water into a medium saucepan.
2. Cook until the sugar has dissolved completely. Stir in the remaining water and lemon juice.
3. Puree the berries in a blender or food processor.
4. Add to your lemonade mixture. I
5. f you don’t mind the seeds you can drink up, but if you are like me and want a cleaner look simply pour the lemonade through some cheesecloth and into a pitcher.