These 40 Minute Hamburger Buns are the perfect addition to your grilled favorites!
Bread has never really been my thing. I’m a Rhodes girl through and through. I just can’t get my own dough to rise enough or it deflates because it had a little too much time waiting to bake. I’m just bad at finding the balance. That is why when I found this recipe for 40 minute hamburger buns… I just knew I had to give it a try. In case you missed that… Hamburger ROLLS that are homemade in under one hour!? Even I can’t mess that up!
ok guys… This is the EASIEST recipe you will ever make and totally worth the little work that goes into it. We are ditching our store bought buns for these in my home and you will want to too! There is nothing quite like fresh baked bread right out of the oven to put the finishing touches on your meal. If you are anything like me you will probably want to brush a little melted butter onto the buns before they go into the oven. Adds just a touch of extra yum and helps you get a nice golden brown.
This has me thinking that I should probably give bread another shot… Maybe hot dog buns or sandwich bread?! What do you think? Do I dare reach even farther out and try something crazy like a cinnamon swirl bread or sweet rolls?
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (hot, but not too hot that you can’t hold your finger in it for a few seconds)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups of flour
- Combine the yeast, water, oil, and sugar in a large bowl. Gently mix and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the salt, egg, and enough flour to form a soft dough. Turn out onto a floured work surface and gently knead in additional flour until your dough is no longer sticky.
- Divide into six equal pieces and form round balls. Place on a parchment covered tray and cover with a clean towel. Allow to sit for ten minutes while you preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a nice golden brown.
PS, you might like…
This post may contain affiliate links. I include these links to help you find specific products that are used in my recipes. If you purchase an item from the link on One Sweet Appetite, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you.
One Sweet Appetite is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com24